Help for a seasoned grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by peace pipetoker, May 4, 2012.

1. Ok so I am used to cloning (and good at it ) But Im trying to grow this one lone seed. Can I just soak it in water for a night and just plop it in soiless mix? promix,

2. yup.. pointy side down .

3. Wet a paper towel - put a few seeds on it and fold it over, sandwiching the seeds inside it. Place this in a ziplock sandwich bag - and put it somewhere relatively warm (the go-to place used to be on top of your monitor, when the big box-monitors were common).

4. the go-to place used to be in a dark corner of the meditation room, where the monks convened thousands of years ago to say their sutra's and lay their ziplock bags to prepare their holy seeds for the field. the heat from their meditations allowed the seeds to sprout in the paper towel, which back then were better towels because they contained less bleach and other chemicals.

5. So if you need more heat, meditate. That's neat. In my universe stuff works different and we measure with science. What color is the sky in your universe?

6. I'll use paper towels when i see a study showing how dioxins, formaldehyde and bleach assist seed germination. Given studies showing vermicompost effects on germination, I think I'll stick with what I can tangibly know. Oh and the sky is blood red.

7. Getting a little crazy up in this b. I am a big fan of dropping a seed into a moistened peat pellet and moving it into it's decided medium once it's up and running. Most of my meditation efforts tend to reduce the room temperature or something ethereal like that.:p