Help for a newbie

Discussion in 'General' started by dGramma, Aug 30, 2013.

1. This is going to be long, just a heads up.

The first time I smoked I was at a high school party and I guess because I was so high that I felt like I needed to concentrate on my breathing or I'd stop, I felt like I thought to move my hand or leg or any moving at all and it would finally happen like 5 minutes later. I basically shut down and embarrassed myself in front of people who weren't very understanding. This has stopped me from smoking since.

Well it's been about 6 years and all my friends smoke so now since I have a different group of great friends I feel like I want to start smoking. I've taken one small small hit with my buddies about two times now and I get a feeling that just seems to enhance my drunk buzz.

Basically, I want to know if I should just keep taking it slow like I am or any tips anyone has to help avoid bad highs like my first time, which ruined years of time I could have spent smoking.

Thanks to anyone who offers any advice!

2. #2 AR Toasty, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    Take it slow. Next time you're up to bat, take a hit or two and let it rest. If you feel up to it ten/fifteen/twenty minutes later, take a few more puffs. Try it when you're not drinking, so that you know what that "high" feeling is and what to expect. You'll know when to stop or hold off because you know what feelings you're looking for.

An important factor in your buzz is the setting. Be comfortable, with people you're comfortable with, and don't worry about bad vibes. A high can spiral quickly when you're already paranoid or anxious.

Remember, nobody dies from pot overdoses. If you overdo it, all you have to do is sleep it off. We've all been "too high" and it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Your high school friends were just assholes.

3. He nailed it. Just step it up a little bit each time you smoke until you find your comfort level. Once you know what to expect and how to handle it. Then you can try getting BAKED again once you have some practice and it will be wayyy more enjoyable.

4. Yeah man AR's got it down pat. If you start to feel off just make sure there's some good vibes to focus on, funny cartoons or some chill jams or whatnot.

5. You guys are really great. You have all made me feel very welcome and not judged. I guess I should get used to that kind of vibe now that I'm smoking haha. Thanks for all the advice and I've thought about just smoking by myself before I go to bed every night to build my tolerance so I can smoke with my iron lung friends. Even though I just started smoking I think I'm gunna pick up a one hitter so I can stop smoking spliffs.