Help! Flowering outdoors in Western WA

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by F B's G M, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Hey guys, as we all know flowing outdoors in Washington state is a little tricky with harvesting before the mold and moisture hits. I have a garden with several plants that are about 8 week flowering times and my plan is to build a structure with black plastic to cover them to induce flowering early so I could beat the mold and wetness of western Washington. So what I had in mind is that naturally we don't get 14/10 until about mid Aug. let alone 12/12 until September(which is too late for WA). I know that it doesn't have to be exactly 12 hours of darkness to induce flowering to start, but I was thinking that if I started covering them the last week of July to make it 12/12 to start them on flowering, then waited till late Aug.(which is when we get about 13hrs of light), and just let them finish out naturally with out having to cover them, they would finish in time before the mold. Do you guys think this would work in time before moisture problems? Any foreseen problems? Or anything about the extra hour of light when I let nature take over? Questions, comments? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. the real question here is

'Can I beat that pythium angle...?'

I go to war 2x times a year with that bitch, just one battle will wise you up ..lol

IMO/= build your tent and use it,

but also that tent can be a source for her ..so have a small fan 24/7(12x12)

My strats is to be a heavy user of cold pressed neem oil,..... 2-3 times per week

check plants for mold daily

and when she strikes,

be prepared to wrap the pot in a trash bag and dip the tree into a bucket of warm water and 10% household bleach

allow to dry in a warm wind or under a fan for 4-6 hours

then reapply neem

good luck

• Like Like x 1