Help fixing broken bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Gi.baby, May 29, 2018.

1. So I came back from vacation and found my bong chopped in half basically. No one wants to admit how it happened so I’m not even sure. But I’ve tried super glue and hot glue but it doesn’t hold.

I was wondering if anyone had any possible solutions? I don’t want to say goodbye just yet to this piece, it’s my favorite. So sad it was fruit ninja chopped. No pieces missing, I just want to see how I can permanently and securely reattach it.

photo.JPG photo.JPG photo.JPG photo.JPG

Thank you!

If all else fails and she’s beyond repair, I’ll make her into a flower vase with some hot glue. But I’d really still like to smoke with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Gorilla glue will work just make sure bong is cool always and fire doesn't touch the glue, I gotta fix my bong too which is way way worse then yours missing top and bottom I just got middle part with 2 perks lol

3. Solution = buy a new bong

When glass is broken, it's broken. You don't want glass dust in your lungs or to smoke through glue. Sorry for your loss

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Someone owes you a new bong!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Easy to fix this and it's a clean split, there is no dust there buddy. Take it to glass blowing shop and get advice there from professionals would be much smarter.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. The fact that you think a "clean split" means there isn't microscopic dust tells me enough. And I wouldn't call taking what would legally be considered drug paraphernalia into someones place of business and asking them to repair it smart.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. lmfao it's a glass bong wash it out with good alcohol and take it to glass blowing shop I don't see a problem with that I do it all the time with my bongs when buying new bowls :p

8. The tiniest amount of resin remaining makes it paraphernalia still. Do I think a guy at a glass shop would call the cops? No, definitely not I'm sure almost everyone working there are stoners themselves. But why take a risk you don't need to take.

You can just measure the downstem and find out the size bowl you need that way btw. Most places still have serious fucked up laws against weed still and I'd never recommend anyone here to take unnecessary risk even if it seems minimal.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. If you don't want to go to a glass shop, JB weld will work, it's non toxic when cured, water proof and it will handle the heat with ease. I've had good results with the original.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Super Bonder and other similar glues that work on glass will do just fine. still not ideal because these glues are full of chemicals, if you wouldn't want it to touch your food, you probably don't want it to touch your bong water, but since it's on the neck of the bong it should be safe, no heat there and if the glue is water resistant it will be fine.

Also you shouldn't allow people to just lie to you, interrogate those bitches until you find out and then hit them in the face with the back of the bong

11. [​IMG]

The unique butyl formula provides a lasting bond that regular super glue can't. It bonds glass to glass and glass to other materials. Forming fast and durable joints, the bond is water and heat resistant to stand up to everyday use. Loctite Glass Glue dries clear, sets without clamping and is dishwasher safe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lol OP should just buy a new bong smoking glue isn't good for your health, I mean shit you can pick up bongs for 10 lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. that loctite glass glue looks promising tho, i didn't know there was such a product. i'm gonna look for it here and try to fix some of the bongs in my glass cemetery, i'll make a thread about it i guess once i can say if it worked well

• Like Like x 2

14. Fair play if you can fix it but personally I'd just buy a new rig that's what I've always done when I've broke one

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Speaking of broke rigs I broke my mini bong a few weeks ago I need to replace it lol

16. oh for sure that's true and the best course of action is to buy new glass.
    i have 1 never-broken bong and never-broken oil rig, but man i miss the previous bong that i broke and a ash catcher that i fucked also.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks for the tips everyone. Obviously the easiest solution is to buy a new piece. However this was a gift and it’s more of a sentimental reason. Plus the break looked so fixable so I’d rather give it a shot then buying another. It’s not my only bong, it’s just really pretty/different lol. Anyways I got some gorilla glue and it seems to have done the trick. It doesn’t wiggle and smoke/water doesn’t escape so it looks like it was a clean cut.

IMG_3917.JPG

Blaze on!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1

18. Mmmmmm tasty glue fumes

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Unnecessary comment, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

I have yet to taste anything other than what I’m burning so if there’s glue fumes so be it. I’m just happy my bong is in one piece again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

20. Not really unnecessary you'll be smoking glue fumes...

You clearly don't care about your health if you're glueing bongs together lmao, you should have just put it in the trash.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1