Help fix my setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by EjMadrid, Feb 19, 2015.

1. This is my little setup but I feel like it's NOT right especially the heater which is the black box outside the tub

Attached Files:

2. Besides maybe tidying up cable management, which isn't even a problem just an aesthetic critique, I think you're fine man. I know your plants are contained in that container but it's good practice to have all electrical off the ground in case of water spills. I can't tell if you have a thermometer/hygrometer in there beside your plants but if you don't I would recommend getting one. 

Your grow looks good man. Happy growing brother.

3. I really appreciate it man ya I just finished reorganizing bought some last minute things but I definitely agree with the cables I don't have a thermometer/hygrometer yet it's on the list along with a lot more lights this is not enough for my plants

4. I have seen a lot worse man, looks like you could do with a bigger light. Any plans to change the lighting at all? A nice 600w HPS would be awesome in that 

5. Yes that's my next thing on the list lighting I'm not sure if I should go with 2 80w cfl bulbs the hps or the light strips

6. #6 killset, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    2 80 watt cfls aint going to do jack with that many plants. Maybe for the next week, but that's it...600 or 1000 watt hid or comparable LEDs.

7. Looks like I'm investing into a HPS I hate using those too sensitive

8. #8 killset, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    Your going to need an inline fan to supply enough fresh air. Also a carbon filter if smell is a problem. Temp/hygrometer gauge is very important