Help, first timer and i think im doing something wrong

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonergirly420, Mar 15, 2008.

1. My boyfriend and i are both medical and growing for our first time. We picked up 8 clones yesterday, We bought a 400 watt mh (will use hps for flowering), we got a micro garden ebb and flow with a 10 gallon tank below. . We are growing in the back of my closet there is mylar on the three back walls and a poster board covered in mylar and facing to it in the front (not here in pictures) The two pictures that are by themselves i am really worried about, they both have a few leaves that are shriveling up and a yellow brown color. The temperature in there is about 83-85, we have three fans and a two purifiers in there. We got some nutrients with our kit and called triflex( a three part system) Liquid karma, and citrus) which ones if any should we use or should we throw them out and start over. It came with a Organic soil-less grow substrate by botanicare. Also we are unsure how often to water them? We have been having the light on 24/0 is that good?How close should the light be exactly. The ph level is about 5.5. Will someone who knows what they are doing take a look at my picks and try and help me out. Sorry about my bad pics but all i had was my sidekick to take the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ph should be around 6.5, and your temp should be lowered by about 10 degrees (make sure to measure temps right at plant level from the light). Feel a couple inches into the soil, if its damp wait, if its dry water them. You can keep the light on 24/7 if you want or not, it's debatable. Put the lights as close as possible without burning the plants, theres a light chart around the site somewhere that should help.

3. 400watt MH id say around 24-30 inches for young plants. more around 20-22 once they are stable. with your HPS bulb, 12-18 inches off the tops. an easy way to tell if whereever you put your plants put your hand under there around the tops of your plants, if you cant keep your hand there for more than a minute or two without it getting to warm to keep your hand there, then its prolly too hot for your plants.

and yeah your temp is a little high, not TOO bad though. it does look like you nute burned it a little. which could be maybe related somewhat to your pH. im not totally sure what kinda watering schedule youd use with your system, using your soiless mix. personally for an ebb and flo system, id use hydroton grow rocks. those you fill and drain em 3x's a day. with a pH around 5.8

try raising your pH to 5.9 and back off your nutes. with them being so young. you want to feed them very low amounts of nutes. like 300ppm or so

4. get ph at 6.8 (around 5.8 hydro) and move those lights up. you should use CFLS or somthing to veg and use your 400hps for flowering. water every 2-3 days with half the strength nutes for now EVERY SECOND TIME your water (so every 4-6 days) then in 2 weeks bump up to full strength and start to lower lights