Help First time Grower. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ams67, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Plants are 3 weeks old.
    Using GH 3 part Nutes
    Distilled water
    Got 3 CFL lights on them approximately 6 inches above the tops.

Been using the recommended dosage on the bottle, but I'm guessing there is definitely a nutrient problem, from the research that I have done. The leave that is really bad, I'm pretty sure was burned by one of the lights.

What is going on here, and can i remove that badly burned leaf. Please help, as I am a begginer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Check your ph. It should be about 5.8 for hydroponics (between 5.6 and 6.0). Do you know how strong your nutrients are?

What I see is an old problem. It is older leaves 1 node down and on one plant the leaves both above and below the bad leaf looks just fine. It appears whatever the problem is maybe already corrected.

Just keep an eye on your ph. At 3 weeks plants can start getting nutrients quite a bit stronger. Maybe about 400-700. BE CAREFUL HERE. I am growing a SOG and the clones at 3 weeks do fine with close to full strength nutes. Plants from seed take a bit longer. I sure wouldn't go over about 50-75% strength for now and ust keep a close eye, It wont be long before you will be at full strength (900 ppm).

Seriously, what you are doing now looks fine. Keep doing that. Like I said, your problem appears to be in your past for now, just try not to repeat it.