help finding a grow location in florida

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kushmane6, Jul 4, 2013.

1. hey fellow florida growers, i've been planning to move here for about a month and now that i made the move i can start growing, but IT'S LIKE JUMANJI DOWN HERE WTF!! I moved from michigan and the vegetation here is soo dense, not to mention the wildlife like spiders, snakes, gators, etc. I've been looking on google maps but when i get to the location i'm like hellll noo i need a machete. Does anyone have any tips on finding a grow spot? Is there a certain time of day where the wildlife is less aggressive or am i just making a big deal about this and it's not as bad as it looks? seriously its like jumanji here though for real!

2. Dude, chill the fuck out. Its not that bad. I'm in north Florida, and it's mostly tree farms and oaks with small palmetto bushes. Spiders aren't that bad, alligators are only common near water. Snakes are hit and miss. Rattlesnake aren't too bad, but cotton mouths common and aggressive. Just carry a stick.

Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm also in n florid and no it ain't that bad the ticks are the worst that gets to me

4. Mosquitoes.

Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Just grow perfect if your scared means most will be. Just bring a stick and have a buddy with u.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. well i went out to look through some woods near my house.  I brought a stick so could probe around in front of me, i was doing good for about 10 mins until i started feeling a pinching sensation on my ankles.  I look down and my jeans are covered in ants. I bolted out of there as fast as i could.  I guess thats what makes guerrilla growing such a bitch sometimes.  I don't think they were fire ants or anything, but damn my legs are tore up with all these bites.  I do have some other spots to check out though, so i'll be back out soon.

7. Son if you cant handle some bug bites then maybe this isnt for you. Not tryin to be an asshole but that shit comes w the territory. I also live in the south and when it gets hot and humid outside, everything in the woods comes to life. Get some nice steel toe boots, some thick work pants like carhartt, take a machete and a walkin stick and get to work son. ;) we are halfway through the season already. Theres guides to guerilla growing on this site that should point you in the right direction as to where to plant and what to do.

8. Also a handheld set of pruners help out a lot when it comes to clearing out space for sunlight.

9. calm down man anywhere you go is going to have wildlife n critters hanging around I lived in florida off & on for about 20 years you will be fine as long as you don't see something like this chasing you through the woods

[​IMG]

10. I'm looking for an area myself, I'm central.