Help explain what i am seeing...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by h2o, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I decided to try humboldt flower products 'basement mix' for my vegging plants and I was pretty shocked when, after watering in my clones with half strength ph adjusted nutewater, I tested the ph runoff at 6.8 but the runoff ppm was at 2800!!

...seems a lil hot?!...even tho the bag suggests frequent fertilization, this seems like a bad idea.

so, i've watered twice since discovering this lil tidbit and each time I have watered each pot until the runoff is right around 1600 mostly...when I water again with ph adjusted nutrient free water the ppm actually climbs from one watering to the next....

Since I am no longer adding any nutrients my guess is that I'm seeing the organics in the basement mix breaking down over time...purely a guess but what else am i to think?

The long and short of it is I have no idea the fert ratios in my pots moving into transition, so....should I flushwater them every time with ph adjusted nutefree water until it runs to as near zero I can get it followed by a final dousing with 1800ppm ph adjusted nutrient water? This seems like the only practical way to control the nutrient levels in my pots.

Of course i think i'll go back to sunshine #4 after this experience....

...any advice or comments appreciated.

2. <...{checks shoes for dogshit}...