Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP!!! Emulsified my coconut oil and water...!!!!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ThickPalmz, Feb 28, 2018.

1. A bit long I know, but much of that is also due to laziness on my part. I usually like to begin the simmer in the later afternoon and allow it to brew over night, and sometimes I don't get around to it until the following afternoon.

2. yeah 20 hrs is ah long time lol u notice a big difference between times? and what temp are you using?

3. I do feel that there's a difference and it makes sense that there should be more THC absorbed over time, but there are many people who disagree, so who knows. I've read convincing arguments on both sides and I know the 20 hours is a long time- but again, there's some laziness involved.

I began extending my times after I used a weaker product and I wondered if it would help. I think it did a little, as I often use very cheap lower shelf shake. And if it's all in my head, then I'll take it as well!

I simmer mine on 'Keep Warm' (not low) and I include a few cups of water as well, which separates once cooled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I use top shelf product and keep it on low for anywhere from 8-12 hours and it always turns out DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK

• Like Like x 2
  5. OmGgg thank you I was looking all over the internet for a solution to this problem I added 10g to a 1 1/2 cup of oil and added a cup of water with soy lecithin and thought I would have to throw it out im gonna try and let it sit out for a day and hope that it separates ! But did you put it in the fridge or freezer ?

6. Hopefully it works for me

7. The simple fix is to NOT use any lecithin if your using the water added method as the lecithin acts as an emulsifier and makes it near impossible to separate the water from the oil.

Add the lecithin after you've separated the water from the oil for an increase in strength of the finished oil.1/6th lecithin to total oil amount. A short 20 minutes at 220 F will blend the oil and lecithin.
    I don't use water at any stage for 2 reasons. First is I use dry ice kief and it doesn't have much green plant material to start with. Second is any trace of water left in the oil will cause the gel capsules to soften and melt making a mess of things.

BNW

8. I found this because I have the same problem--only using hemp for cbd, not cannabis--and the recipe I was following called for quite a bit of lecithin. I've never used an emulsifier before, so when the blogger suggested clarifying the resulting coconut oil with water after extraction, it made me pause, but obviously it worked for her. But I also ended up with a homogenous mixture (which might make a good topical, actually, but I'd rather play with food ideas).

When yours finally separated after a couple of days, did you melt if first after taking it out of the fridge? Or did you leave the solidified mass from the fridge sit out at room temperature? I'm not so trusting, so I'm melting it again. I just hope the lecithin doesn't get stronger when reheated...