Help! Electrical problems

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bobdabuilder808, Feb 10, 2011.

1. I just recently started a new grow. For about 5 days, I've had a 1000 watt hps and a 250 mh plugged into the same power strip with no problems. The mh is on 24 hours a day. About an hour and a half after the hps went on this morning, the outlet suddenly stopped working. I know its the outlet because I tried plugging other things in and they wouldn't work. The lights work fine in other outlets. I tried resetting all the circuits that could control this outlet to no avail. Can anybody help? I don't know a whole lot about electricity and for obvious reasons I can't ask my apartment's maintenance guy for help.

2. Newer place or older place? If It's an older place with crappy wiring, it's possible you cooked some wires in the wall before you blew a breaker.

1000w + anything else is kind of iffy on a 15amp breaker. What else were you running on that circuit with the 1000w and 250w? Fans? Pumps? Is it the same circuit as another bedroom too? Are there other plugs that don't work anymore?

T

3. I think it was built around '95. The bathrooms have their own circuit and the plug in my other bathroom also doesn't work. Oh shit! Its really cold in my bathroom so I plugged a 1500 watt space heater in this morning while taking a dump. Great. Did a blow the breaker? If so, can I fix that?

4. Should just be a tripped breaker. You were drawing too much power from whatever breaker that was. You need to know which breaker corresponds to every single outlet in your place. Then calculate how much power you can run safely from each one. If you don't know for sure which breaker was flipped just switch all of them off and on.

5. Tripped gfi circuit....look for a weird plug in the house...

Check the kitchen, bathrooms and garage....reset the circuit...problem solved

6. Tihspeed has it right. You need to look for an outlet on that circuit that has the "test" and "reset" buttons (one red, one black) and press the reset button.

7. thanks man

[​IMG]