Help Educate Me

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Badfish90, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I want to make an informed decision when the U.S. presidential election comes around. However, I don't have a very extensive knowledge on the topics.

Where are some great sites for:

1. The current state on the United States (economically, foreign policies)
    2. Statistics on the Obama Administration
    3. What the parties "promise" or how they plan to change things

Also, for the heck of it, who do you think should be elected?

2. 1. Current Issues | Libertarian Party
    Foreign Policy | Libertarian Party

2. Statistics don't tell you much, they can be manipulated to say whatever people want them to say. I think these two statistics are as much as you need, if you need more just use google:

National Debt When Obama took office: $10.626 trillion National Debt Now: $15.925 trillion

Unemployment Rate When Obama took office: 7.2% Unemployment Rate Now: 8.2%

3. The Republicans and Democrats have promised everything and done nothing. Clinton started this mess, Bush made it worse, and Obama is just continuing it.

This shows the Libertarian platform (Ron Paul, Gary Johnson): Platform | Libertarian Party

Who I think should be elected? Ron Paul. But he won't be on the ballot anywhere and many states don't even count write in votes so I'm voting for Gary Johnson, he will be on the ballot in all 50 states.

Obviously, I'm a little biased but do some more research and try to educate yourself on the founding of the country and the problems the founding fathers like Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, etc. warned us about. Also take a look at where Romney, Obama, Johnson, and Paul are getting their biggest contributions to their campaigns from.

And once you learn some more, take this quiz and vote for the person you match up most closely with that will be on the ballot in all 50 states. 2012 Presidential Candidates Quiz: Find Your Match - 2012 Presidential Election - ProCon.org

3. Thanks for the info. I also took another quiz just like the one you gave me and both suggested that I match up to Jill Stein.

4. No problem. Always good to want to be educated and make an informed decision rather than just listening to the media. There is no need to vote for a lesser of two evils and more people need to realize there are other candidates that actually can be trusted and share many of the same beliefs as they do. Any vote not for Obamney is a step closer to a real change.

5. If you want to learn real economics. Here ya go. I'm surprised this hasn't already been posted. Looks like GC is slipping. :p Ludwig von Mises Institute : The Austrian School Is Advancing Liberty

6. Paul Ryan wants to replace Medicare with vouchers or cash (not sure which, but the same idea) for private insurance, for people 55 and under when they turn 65, which is a terrible idea. Senior citizens cannot deal with this, they will be confused and many can't make the best decisions for themselves. Seniors need to be protected, and Medicare is very effective - it's the best thing in America's very poorly rated healthcare system, and he wants to kill it.

7. Trolling as ever Garrison, I see. The OP is obviously asking about candidates other than the two picked out by the MSM, or their VP picks. If he wanted to know about them he is smart enough to realize there is more than enough info available from any of the propaganda machine/media websites like MSNBC or Fox news.:rolleyes:

8. Lulz.

OP, looks like you have all the links you need, just try to keep an open mind when reading over them, and take everything with a grain of salt.

Every candidate can make themselves look better through 'statistics' and every candidate can make promises.