Help: early stem problem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blitz9256, Mar 24, 2013.

1. After a great first grow, I just began my 2nd. This time around I'm using feminized photo seeds (last time I did auto's), I'm using 7gal smart pots and ocean forest soil in the same closet as last time. My temps are between 80-75 at all times, the humidity is the same as it was last time which is about 40. I'm only doing 2 plants. They popped up 3.5 days ago. One of them is doing fine, and the other one is leaning. I put a toothpick in the soil and tied a string around the toothpick and stem to help prop it up. It's doing better but it still leans and one of the leaves has an orange spot on it. I'm using T5's and have them about 7" away and I haven't used any nutes or watered yet so I don't know what could be causing this. Did I get a bad seed or am I doing something incorrectly?

2. the light is too far away, thats why theyre stretching. try 2-3 inches. if its too hot, add ventilation.

3. Ok I will drop them down. It doesn't seem like it's stretching, it's leaning sideways.