Help dying plants please advise 1st grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chrisdunne, Feb 19, 2009.

1. At the start i decided for a couple of reasons to go hps start to finish, because i have no budget. however since starting and seeing the cfl grows im peeved off i didnt wait and get the cfls. its so hard to manage the 400w hps.

If its to far away the plants look like a string of piss, if its to close they burn and die.

Its a fine line. im just hoping the wilting wont cause permanent damage or four males. ://////

2. #42 devilishfatcat, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    Uh this may seem like a weird question but did you germ in the soil or what?

They shouldnt be strecthing like that 2 foot away from a HPS..

Did you plant the whole root if you didnt plant in the soil because it almost looks like you've left half of it outside the soil which may be why its stretching & sagging like it is. .

D.
    :smoke:

3. seconded

4. Put that fu**ing light closer! :mad:
    thats easy as 2x2=4
    They need more light!

5. #46 chrisdunne, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    at the moment the light is 3/4 to 1ft region away.

I had it at 2 1/2 feet originally asnd moved it down on recomendation.

I was told though not to move the hps to close at this stage as it could hurt them.

Also someone asked me if i germed in soil no i didnt, i germed them in towls in a tuppawear box, then planted them in pre watered soil 3/4 inch in. left them with bags on for 2 days and they shot out.
    then i turned the light on to do cycles.

Im penciling in some nutes for 7 days time roughly, im thinking 1/4 dose. will make a call on it at the time whether there ready or not.

Hope there not all males after the stress at the start, check my grow journal guys and post back there please. Thanks http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...grow-white-russian-x-4-soil-grow-seeds-3.html

6. is only ican say to you!GL and keep us updated ^^

7. no dont use nutes its WAY too early you got anothere two weeks or so before you worry about that