Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help .. drying harvest woes

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Paridisefound, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Howdy , i posted earlier in the week about my first summer experience growing outdoors.
    Things went well and the plants i brought home to dry really smelled superb , that strong deep smell , you know it.
    Well , its been drying upside down for about 2 weeks i guess and it seems to be losing the smell .. this is heartbreaking ..how long should i dry for ? Whats happening to my precious harvest?

2. i think you'll have better luck asking in one of the growing sections, they're towards the bottom of the "community" main page.

3. 2weeks is a long dry dude. 7-8 at most u whould ever need u should have put it in a jar at like day 6-7.

4. Long ??? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sob ..... i thought it took much longer and went and bought a half oz to wait out drying time.
    In the jars it goes then , thanks all

5. 2 weeks does seem kind of long.. is it really humid where your at?
    if they feel kind of crispy to the touch and the stems are ALMOST ready to snap, then you are ready for jars.
    that dank smell will come back, assuming you didn't overfeed and you flushed properly.

6. If you dry it out too much you can always experiment with some dry bud and a little orange peel or celery in a ziploc bag to re-moisten the buds. The smell will probably come back in curing

7. Cool...i didnt feed or flush or do anything , i had them out in the woods :)

Hopefully the smell will come back , ummmm does this mean i can fire up the bong and try it ? Wooo hooooo ill come back in a bit to let you know if its any good :wave:

8. :smoking: Well ..that was interesting , i got most of it into jars , noticed the part about curing..how long should i leave it in sealed jars ?

Smoked ok by the way , bit hard to keep it lit but the smell is rank throughout the room from the plants not the smoke , its kept its smell :D

9. gratz dude!
    check out the harvesting section.. there's some real good threads about proper curing.

10. Yep..thanks for the tip man , much happier now , ill get myself over to that forum now for a read :)

11. lets see some pics main!

12. Pics please ;}

13. pics por favor senor?

14. :bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin:

15. I've never grown, but I've heard opening the jars like a minute or two every day seems to work. (In case you don't find out from someone with some experience)