Help! Don't know what the problem is... Pics included

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aznxkrnxboi, Nov 14, 2012.

1. #1 aznxkrnxboi, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.. checked the PH and its at 5.1, humidifier, RO, H202, Sensi grow part A + B, PH down natural, epsom salt, pump, aerator. PPM is 339 @ 76 F.

The leaves are drooping down and theres yellow spots on the leaves.

Attached Files:

2. #2 lunchd, Nov 14, 2012
    Azn..
    To me,it is kinda hard to see from the lighting, but on the last pic it looks like a magnesium or potassium deficiency. The other pics look like your plants are getting too much water. If you had some pics with a white light on, we would be able to see the issue a lot better.
    Cheers

3. your ph is way to low...

5.8 for hydro and 6.8 for soil is what you should be aiming for.

4. sorry about that these LEDs... Anyways new pics are up.

5. #5 Imalittleteapot, Nov 14, 2012
    its your PH you need to bring it up. your locking out nutrients because its so low.

Attached Files:

6. alright so I'll use my RO and pour fresh water on top of the roots. Hopefully that way it'll flush out the PH since its at 5.8 - 6.0 with no downers.

7. [quote name='"aznxkrnxboi"']sorry about that these LEDs... Anyways new pics are up.[/quote]

No problem,

What I see now is a possible Iron defiency, which with the others I mentioned adds up to your ph being off causing a nute lockout. I'd say give it a good flush..
    So.. Flush with plain PH'd water - 3 times as much as you pot size, then water with PH'd water with half nutes.
    That's my take of it.
    HTH
    Cheers

8. I like that chart, thanks mate. I went ahead and just flushed it with my RO water, hopefully that'll fix the problem

9. flushing wont fix the problem because it wasnt a nute burn. all you need to do is bring the ph up....lol not sure how many times i gota say it. :smoking::smoking::smoking:

10. #10 SCMC, Nov 14, 2012
    I agree that fixing the pH is the right step here. I think that once the pH is straight for a day or two you could definitely increase the solution strength to 1.0ec+. Drop the pH down from your mixture completely and mix the Sensi per the schedule. Should actually be less work for a healthier plant.

Also, you did rinse the hydroton before you used it? Soaked it overnight in a pH balanced solution and rinsed clean? Failing to do this could cause these problems even if you're doing everything else correctly, so it's worth knowing about. If you didn't clean it then the flush is actually the right thing to do here, you need to remove the debri and whatever is skewing the solution from the stones. Then you can add fresh nutrient solution back in.

11. Um... Those are hydroton water farms. There is no soil. Remove the water in the reservoir and run clean water through can flush the system.

12. dude hes running hydro, no need to flush, just change the ph

13. lol so if I used a downer awhile ago is it safe to put PH upper?

14. just start over, empty the system and put fresh water with nutes. PH it at 5.8 and watch your babies come back to life.

15. Lol wow did you guys get text message alerts for every response. I deleted the message like ten secs later after realizing that. Still respond anyways lol

16. Alright I'll just flush everything out and than have it set at 5.8 PH with nutes. I have; Sensi grow A+B, H202, PH downer, and Epsom. Can I mix everything all in one reservoir?

17. #17 SCMC, Nov 14, 2012
    You could... but you shouldn't.

All you need is the Sensi A+B for your primary solution. It should pH balance pretty close to ideal, give it some time to balance out after mixing and adjust it. Fluctuations in the pH are normal and healthy, but ideally you want to move from more like 5.5 to 6.2 spending the most time between 5.7 and 5.9 (like a bell curve) so get a feel for how the nutrients settle and what happens to them over time before you start adjusting them too low.

Epsom Salt is only needed if you're combating some kind of deficiency, and even then at only 1/8th teaspoon per gallon. A better product to have is some kind of Cal-Mag micro supplement (Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus $12/qt 2-0-0). Epsom will be better in bloom at 1/8 teaspoon per gallon if required at all.

The H2O2 is good to kill off all the bacteria, but it kills the good bacteria too. If you use it, don't stop using it without starting something like Piranha or ZHO to replace it. Small amounts will go a long way but you should be topping off the reservoir ever day with a little fresh water to keep things clean between weekly reservoir recycling, and you can add the Peroxide to that solution to keep it clean, as well as the pH down, but without any nutrients unless the ppm's have dropped significantly or the plant looks naturally hungry.