Help!! different signs! What's my next step

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by virginislandsherbs, Jul 12, 2017.

1. I'm leaning towards root bound and broad russet mites...proceed carefully and accordingly..
    GFP

Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

2. this is why notice the heat damage and the overwatering.....when all along its russet mites

GFP[​IMG]

3. Alright man, I would have never thought to look in that direction. After doing some googling about russet mites it really does add up. I have done 2 systemic applications of azamax so far. 07/02 and 07/12. I did an spray of Monterey Take Down Garden Spray on 07/01. I plan on spraying azamax in the morning around 5 or 6 before the sun comes up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

4. gotta get a microscope to see them though...find the video on YouTube.

that way you'll know what and where to look...it's tough they got me this year...BAD...because I misdiagnosed cuz I could not see them ....had to get a 60x but by then... it was too late...total loss..

good.luck keep.us posted.

GFP

5. Damn bro imma be looking like a scientist looking on these girls with a scope. Is this like an achievement. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. The proper stuff needed to eradicate russet/broad mites is kinda expensive so make sure you have them before spending any money. Oils could make it worse too if you overdo it. You can't just use one product either. Has to be at least two diff sprays with different modes of action. I know it's a sin to mention this in 2017 but the best weapon for that is Avid (requires respirator and extremely toxic), triazicide (cheapest), and floramite I think. All toxic but effective. Just throwing it out there. A lot of people spray, then clone and veg for months to make sure all traces are gone. The shitty thing though is that these bugs inject a toxin that can stay in the plant for months and can transfer to clone. People use aspirin to help with that. A lot of people scrap their plant but if you're willing to do extra work, it can be fixed (in veg of course, eff'ed in flower with infestation)

7. While you're at it, you might as well inspect for root aphids too. Broad mites and root aphids are prob the worst bugs you can deal with in cannabis growing apart from caterpillars in flower. Root aphid symptoms look similar to having mag deficiency issues. leaves will also stay small and slowly yellow out. The vein at the very bottom where the leaves meet the stem will canoe itself too kinda like your first two pics. Just take a good pinch from soil (might have to rip some roots but be as gentle as possible) and lay it on a tray and just wait. They like to play dead. After a couple minutes you'll start seeing movement. They'll have 6legs and 2 "exhaust tubes" sticking out of their butt

8. Don't confuse them for springtails and soil mites. Both of which are extremely common outdoors