Help did I mess my grow up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Talltree84, Jun 8, 2016.

1. I have seedlings that are less then a week old they have had all sun light but it has been cloudy so I put it under a 5000k 13 watt cfl for about 3 hours did I shock them ?

2. Dosnt sound like they should be, are they showing signs of stress? Pics would be helpful

Sent from my LGL33L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. thanks for the reply and I just put the cfl on them today they still look fine I'm just worried they might hermie

4. they are also an auto flower bubba kush

5. Thanks also do you know if autos are resistant to light leaks at night

6. Autos are no different than photoperiod plants, you'll still have to worry about light leaks

7. What if I shined a flashlight on them at night for 30 seconds will that mess them up?

8. I am just worrying I messed up my grow

9. Why would you wanna do that? Either way your plants shouldn't get any light while they're sleeping

10. Alright first the seedling I'd "start" then indoor because in the past if I did them out side they stretched to much. Are they reg. Or auto flower.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. From what I understand autoflower will flower on 18/6, 24 or 12/12, they flower based on age and often go great in greenhouse grows or veg-to-flower tents. Autos are resistant to long light periods during their flowering stage, but no plant or strain is resistant to fluctuating photoperiods (IE. 30 minutes of light, 12 hours dark, 12 hours light, 30 minutes dark) Will completely mess up the plants rhythm and ability to grow overall. Regardless of the photoperiod you use, don't interrupt their dark or 'night' cycle. The plants build hormones during certain stages of the day.

From what I have heard autoflowering strains are sometimes less potent than expected, or hermie anyway regardless of light period but due to the process in which they were bred. But there are always diamonds in the rough, high yielding potent autoflowering seeds that work as expected, just find them.