Help diagnosing problem with my clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Blaisee, Apr 19, 2021.

1. #1 Blaisee, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Hey All!

I took these clones of 4/5 and just noticed that they are starting to wilt and die off at the top. This happened to me my first batch of clones and they never really bounced back. I have these clones in a grow dome about 5 inches under a 65w t5 grow light. I have been really good at keeping them moist with water at 6-6.5ph. Also its been about 2 weeks and I only see one root popping out. I did take these from a mother plant and heard that the higher up on the plant the cutting was taken from the longer it takes to root. I am mainly worried about the wilting since I don't know what is causing it and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. sounds like your on the right track,

6.5 PH sounds high.

P.S. you should probably figure out how to upload photos, notmany people are going to download a random zip file from a random stranger on a website.

goodluck

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Probably too much moister. Clones actually need very little moister while rooting. I used to have the same issues until I started using A LOT less water with my clones. The root plug/RW cube should be just moist enough that if you squeeze it a couple of drop of water will come out, any more is too much IME, it should feel light and you might think its too dry but its not. Also don't keep spraying the clones with water, if you want to raise the humidity in the propagator you should just lightly spray the inside of the dome.

IMO toss these and start over, using only a minimal amount of water, especially in the cubes because that just drowns the cutting and they start to rot. BTW you should inspect the stems of the current clones and see how they look, I bet some will be slimy with rot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. #4 JKill, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Oh looks like you figured out how to upload a few jpg instead of a zip folder.

congratulations.

looking in rough shape.

start over

5. Scooby is right, you're giving your plants too much humidity. The dark spots is probably some kind of disease from too much humidity and not enough fresh air circulation. You want them to work at bringing up moisture, it encourages root growth. You may still salvage some plants by leaving off the dome and cutting away more of the leaves but if you have some slime it's going to be a challenge. I simply put my clones in a glass of water to root and change the water every couple of days until I see them rooting and then stick it them whatever medium I'll be growing in. It's worked for me. I also cut away the fan leaves except for the growing tip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I mist my new cuttings like 1-3 times in 2 weeks, water at 7pH (i store water and dont pH it) and open it every couple days

Sent from my SM-N976V using Grasscity Forum mobile app