Help diagnose my plant please?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cushnikov, Jan 17, 2017.

1. She's been growing from seed since mid October, still in veg till I get this sorted out. On about 5 or 6 of my bottom leaves they are going brown and starting to die, it's only the bottom ones so I'm thinking nitrogen deficiency. If so would these fertilizer spikes work? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. No its not Nitrogen deficiency no don't use the spikes either
    if you want help you have to give us info on your grow conditions and pic of entire plant

3. Bingo Bango....I knew I always liked this guy

4. #4 Cushnikov, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    She is on an 18/6 light cycle. Temp averages about 68-70°f and humidity is around 35% average. Growing in promix soil. As you can see in the pic, the plant is about a foot and a half to 2 feet away from my 300w led and I have 2 cfls just supporting the sides. The top leaves are all big and dark green how their supposed to be. No known sickness before.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Did you feed them anything ? what is your water source /
    CFLs are only effective within a couple inches of the plant , and if you put them that close with having that cone things on the lights just directs the heat on them , might be too mucho heat ,
    your LED could be lowered by a foot ,
    The damaged leaves looks like its old damage and will not recover , so don't worry too much about them
    Your plant has good color other then the few leaves , you should have a fan blowing on them
    I think you need to repot them now . After repotting , wait a couple days then cut the top off the plant off and it will bush out for you
    like this , at the Fiming line
    if you do it right you get 4 tops , if wrong you get still get 2 tops instead of the 1 you have
    [​IMG]

here is a link Cannabis Training Techniques - LST, Topping & More | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've been just watering with straight tap water because I don't have a ph kit and it's worked out well for me.

the only thing I've fed them are those spikes. Last one was put in 5 days ago.

I started my grow with only cfls and just recently got the led on last Thursday, the browning of the leaves started pretty much the same day if I'm thinking correctly.

I will look into getting a fan. I've been working on a near 0 noise level grow for stealth

I have been thinking its getting close to repotting so that will be done within his the next few days.

I have topped my plant last Monday and 2 branches have started already. They are at about an inch and a half right now.

7. Update-
    So I repotted and quickly realized that was the problem. I forget the term but, I had about 60% of the roots at the walls of my pot. I transplanted waited a few days, and started moving to flower and she looks so healthy now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]