Help! Developing seeds(?) but no males.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by badger89, Feb 25, 2010.

1. #1 badger89, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    Hello, I have grown a few times, but this is first post here regarding an issue I have never run into.
    I have two White Widows in an ebb & flow set-up under CFL's. I have used these nutrients in the past, temperature has remained steady and in the proper range, plants do not show signs of stress. They are in the 6th(?) week of flowering, sorry not positive about that I don't really keep track anymore, I let the plants let me know when to harvest.
    Anywise, it appears the plants are developing seeds, yet I do not see signs of any male flowers. I did have a few minor light leaks weeks back, but the plants seemed to remain fully female. Now it appears there are seeds developing, yet I am still unable to find any male parts. I have some pictures below. What might have happened? What should I do?

Attached Files:

2. #2 badger89, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    Some more notes.
    The problem seems to be somewhat localized, buds in some areas have quite a few, others none. The parts of the plant most shielded from any possible light during the the leak events seem to have the most seeds. The main colas seem almost free of them.
    Both plants are affected.
    The picture where I am holding the seed shows it sliced open.
    Seeds are from a seed bank with a good reputation.
    And I still cannot find a single male flower on either plant!

3. yea man that is weird. i do not get it do u have little yellow things coming out of ur bud?

4. Nope, no "bananas" at all. I was just down there checking it out again and nothing.
    Really odd...
    I guess I pick them off when I can. Maybe the "seeds" won't develop before it is time to harvest and everything will be fine. I hope.:confused: