Help determining sex

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newgreenthumb, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Hi. First grow and looking to determine sex. 1 full week into flower on a Danky Kong hybrid strain by 303seed (from seed) after 5 weeks of veg. These were the first signs of sex (I think) but before I kill this plant I want a few opinions. Is it a male? Any thoughts appreciated... My rookie grow but having a ton of fun. I have 15 plants so expecting 7-8 to die at my hands...

Attached Files:

2. Yeah its a male, 100%

3. Sweet. Thanks. I was pretty confident. Now the question is should I kill it or plant it outside? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kill it no reason to let it grow especially if you have females near

5. Why would you plant it outside?

6. I once cut off several tips from a male plant and boiled them for about 20 minutes. I ate them and drank a little of the water (it turned bright yellow from the pollen lol). It was just an experiment to see how it tasted. It was ok, not great... But about 45 minutes later I was stoned like I just took a good bong hit. Most people would say it was a placebo, but I had forgotten about it. I started looking for the joint that I had and realised I hadn't even rolled one lol. I'd love for someone else to try it to see if they get the same effect

7. Just cause it's my first plant and I was feeling bad about killing it after caring for it so much. I was only joking though. I cut it down and thew it in the compost. I might try your suggestion with the next male I find. It had a crazy strong odor to it and was sticky as hell. Hope that's a sign of things to come. I'll report if I try your suggestion. Thanks again for the help.

• Like Like x 1