Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help deciding if I should ask my doctor

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Greenandclean96, Dec 18, 2018.

1. so I live in Iowa, we just got medical this month and the list is somewhat confusing. One of the items is just “untreatable pain” and I have no idea what they classify as such. I have a misaligned jaw (the left side is not in the socket and causes audible poping and scraping if I open my mouth halfway or more.). As you might be able to guess this causes some massive joint and muscle pain in my jaw and even can cause it to lock if I yawn. I was told once by a oral surgeon the only way to fix it isn’t a sure thing and would have my mouth wired shut for about 6months (half a year off basically not talking or eating solid food is a big no.). Should I go to my normal doctor (who doesn’t know about the condition because I’ve only been seeing him for 5 years). Asking if I could get a medical card because I know that when I smoke my jaw pains go away, and other joint pain I have also goes. I’m also very against opioids and other medicines made with just chemicals thrown in to make an effect.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Lemuel001, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    You may need to find another doctor, especially if he is not knowledgeable of your condition. After doing a little bit of reading about your state. It seriously looks like you are better off buying Cannabis off the black market if you have connections.

From what I was reading about your state there is a max 3% THC allowed. Which I'm sorry is absolutely ridiculous!

And I would assume "untreatable pain" would be considered, a pain that meds will not alleviate.

Seriously I thought NJ MMJ program was trash..it seems they would rather have you on opioids..

3. Yeah it’s a bit wonky at the moment but the in town dispensary is ran by Have a Heart and they have some capsule with a 1:20 ratio they are able to sell in the state. It’s just a matter of time for anyway cause Nebraska is now trying to get medical as well, but are sitting in a strange position on it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wish you luck but just reading Iowa laws, it is almost like there is no real program. Makes me angry because it helps many people. I would stick with the black market. It would be more helpful to you.

I am trying to picture myself requiring my mouth wired shut for 6 months and.. I don't know, I can't imagine that happening to me. :(

I am curious how long term Cannabis helps you with this condition. You mentioned it helps with the pain?

Edit: I would definitely get a second, even third opinion about your jaw condition!

5. The main problem I see with getting my jaw looked at again. (It’s been about 11 years since last looked at). Is they will probably just send me to an orthodontist to get it looked at and all they would do is suggest surgery or theirs nothing they can do.