Help decide on SCROG or SOG

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by GlesgaGreen95, Jun 22, 2020.

1. I have an auto glueberry og seed in a 3 gallon pot (which is around 10" tall) filled with 4 parts foxfarm to 1 part perlite. It is in a black orchid 100x40x40 grow tent with a visparspectra 300w led (its around 15" from the top of the soil and can't go up much higher) and a carbon filter. I am going to get a small fan to promote healthy airflow and stem strength.

According to Dutch Passion, the seed I am using can grow to 100cm which obviously I can't allow to happen as it would surpass the light and even the tent!

I was thinking about doing SOG but would that mean my main cola would still grow too tall? If so would I be better with SCROG?

Only done one grow before a few years back in a much bigger tent with HPS and didn't train at all. Now with this smaller tent I fear I may need to kill my seed and get a bushier indica strain, please help to avoid this.

2. Dutch passion autos are crazy mate. My profile pic is their auto ultimate. That glueberry gets the same size of you.treat it right. Nice smoke too!

Sog is growing multiple plants in a sea of green though.
    Scrogg with a net will keep your canopy even but I just top the 4th node then the down the 6 remaining mains like a clock.
    Every time they get a node or 2 taller tie them down again. Same result as scrogg but there no.restriction of movement from the net.

3. That picture looks fucking beautiful mate, well done. Yeah I'm going to treat it like my child to get the very best I can haha!

Do you have any idea around what height it would grow to then or is it just case by case? Like, with my small tent size in mind, is there a specific height I should aim for my net?

So I would top the fourth node then tie up the other ones so they are spread out (is that what you meant like a clock?) and every time a new node sprouts tie it down also, so they never go much higher than the net?
    Also I have garden wire, would I be able to use this for a net?

Yeah I was worried about the restriction of movement as I would need to lift the plant up to remove the spill tray after each watering, but I think I could get away with just lifting it a touch and soaking up the excess with paper towels.

Sorry for all the extra questions.