Help!! Dead Cola :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by imSHAD, Nov 13, 2018.

1. So as the title suggest I believe my Cola is now dead. What was originally my best plant in my first grow ended up growing too much. I woke up Sunday to find that the whole stem from about a foot from the base snapped from the bud bbeing too heavy. I'm in week 7 of flower. After straightening out the stem and putting some duct tape around the wound i fed it as usual. 2 days later and all the leaves are just dropped as hell. Looks dead to me. Tell me what you think guys and what should I do???

Attached Files:

2. i would plan on using some poles to stick in the soil on your other plants so this does not happen again. so just let it keep going it will dry out and you can try to us the bud. its not up taking its water so it will dry out. you can try hot glue the split stem or use thread it needs to be air tight in the split. you must have a big hole in it .

3. I have already made precautions on my other plants haha, and the bud had maybe 5-10% amber trichomes. Do you think if i just harvested and dried it that I would still get something smokeable?

4. Looks like you are performing a forced experiment that compares harvesting 5-10% amber against what you normally do.

My opinion is that the experiment will be a success.

I've harvested several auto indicas with almost zero amber and gotten excellent herb that was in the same quality ballpark as anything else.

5. You might consider silica and training on your next grow. :)

6. Oh thank heavens lol, I dont even have a place to dry yet :( I bought a dedicated tent for that today on aamazon and should be here thursday. So it'll sit like this until then.

7. Haha I actually used your maxibloom kiss method for this with hydrogaurd. Which I thought was silica I guess not :(

8. Please help again! I feel so dumb. It wasn't until I saw a post about heat/light stress until I realized my plant has been getting loads of light stress. The top that pretty much sat under the light as you can see is pretty mutated. I lifted the light the last couple of inches that I could and I turned the plant around for the first time in probably a month. Now it's been 2 days and the other tops are starting to show signs of new mutated growth. Could this affect the buds on the lower side as well? Because it looks like my lower bud sites are also showing some weird signs. Really confused here. Any input appreciated!

Attached Files:

9. A lot of this growth on the other colas look abnormal to me too. But this is just my first grow so I'm not 100% sure???? Please what do you guys think I am so worried

Attached Files:

10. I don't see anything wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yellow/orange leaf tips is an early sign of too much fertilizer.
    But some of it can be due to colored light passing thru thin tips that only makes them seem orange.
    Yours aren't very bad yet.
    Too much fertilizer can poison the plant and injure or kill it.
    The plant must then grow out of its illness, and the damaged leaves will eventually die.
    Too little fertilizer will produce little harm and is easily remedied by simply feeding more.

Every system is different, and looking at leaf tips is the easiest way to get the right amount of fertilizer.
    A strategy a lot of people follow is to start with a fraction, and then increase food toward the manufacture's recommendation until leaf tips start to yellow, then back off.
    Using more than half the nute pushers' recommendations is dangerous.

12. Don't see anything wrong? This is the most obvious pic I have. The rest are early signs of this basically. And I had over fed one day and it caused yellow tips all all of my leaves. I lowered strength immediately but the tips stayed the same. But it does look like something is seriously wrong in the attached pic

Attached Files:

13. I believe that those rust spots are advanced nute burn.
    But often problems are hard to identify.
    Once affected, a leaf won't recover, but new growth, if any, can.
    I've harvested severely nute-burned herb before, before I learned not to over feed, and it was still pretty good, so you still should have a successful harvest.

14. Update: so I finally hung up the Cola to dry yesterday even tho it's been drying for days on the plant. And it feels really crispy. Almost ready to crumble, yet the stem isn't snapping off yet. Should I jar it and try to bring moisture back with packs?