Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

(Help) Days after consuming edible feeling WEIRD

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dankclapz, Apr 23, 2020.

1. What’s up y’all. On Monday (4/20) me and couple friends decided to go to the skate park and try edibles for the first time. Both my friends built up a tolerance to weed at that point and it seemed like a good idea.

I haven’t done much research before hand and I’ve smoked with them a few times so I trusted them.
    I took 20mg of dispensary gummies at 3pm. Long story short and I got suuper baked as did one of my friends, 10/10 stoned (the other said he didn’t feel anything, even towards the end of the day so he just smoked a joint).
    It wasn’t really enjoyable to me and it was honestly the worst high I’ve had. Fast forward into the week, it’s Wednesday and I still feel majorly weird.
    I can’t think properly, I don’t feel like myself at all. I still feel somewhat high but my mind might just be tricking me. I feel nauseous constantly and my head feels like it’s spinning. I constantly have little episodes of paranoia that I have to calm myself down from. I don’t like this feeling at all because it feels like a subtle but never ending nightmare.
    I don’t know what to do besides wait t out but every day feels long and like I’ll never get out of this. Major lethargic too.

TL;DR I took 20mg of thc gummies on Monday and I don’t feel like myself 48 hours later. I feel nauseous and like my head is spinning. Paranoia comes and goes. Help :p

2. That's just it. You are psyching yourself out too much with all of this, just try to relax or something mate and ya'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How much longer do you reckon?

4. Give it a day or so. I once got high for a whole weekend once five years ago after eating three edibles.

5. Damn 0.o
    I’ll wait it out. I’ve just never wanted to be more sober in my life

6. Do some exercising and sweat it out of your body. That and the resultant endorphins should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. it's may 2nd, update us bro!

8. Nacebo effect. Thoughts are powerful

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP - I’ve overdone edibles on several occasions and thats after being a heavy smoker for many years. You’d have thunk I would have learned my lesson the first time.

Edibles can be WAY overwhelming - and can last for days if taken in large doses.

edibles should never, EVER be considered to be in the same league as smoking cannabis. Edibles in large doses are NOT for newbies or the faint of heart.

Edibles in large quantities can be considered psychedelic - but not always in a fun way. When we first made them in the 80’s we had no internet or anything to go by - just passing conversations from the older stoners which we laughed off - until we overdid it in a huge way.

Not in a fun way either. Waking up the next day TOTALLY FUCKING WASTED - wtf...

It can take several days to be “normal” again depending on your dosage and how old you are; how long youve been smoking.

RESPECT THE EDIBLES - because it can kick your ass hard.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lucky I only get those effects for 6-8 hrs

11. Oh shit I forgot. I woke up on *Thursday* feeling much better, my head was clearer and I felt 90% myself again. I go to sleep really late during quarantine (3-7am) so my sleep schedule is faaaacked and my nights are long.

I’ve smoked a Friendly Farms cart once since then and I’ve just come to the conclusion that thc lasts a long time in my body.
    It could have been me genuinely being slightly high because of my slow digestion or the after high that I’m not super familiar with. I’m ok now thank God but I definitely hated the experience. Not because I was trippin balls 10/10 baked but just because it felt like I was stuck in my head for 2/3 days.

I’ve actually learned a lot about myself and my mind since then. I’ve realized what triggered certain thoughts of paranoia and just my normal thoughts and reasonings behind what I do everyday.

I’ve definitely learned that I can’t mess with edibles but I feel like I just grew a lot as a person from this experience lmaoo

• Like Like x 1
  12. Keep up the good work man and educate alot on marijuana, you can pretty much pick any strain for any issue that you like. I used to not have a choice on what I smoked it was just a dealer, but now I order through the mail and get it wayy cheaper, im talking like 70$ oz that are triple A quality. You should smoke more flower in my opinion as it wont be as hard on you as the carts or edibles, or you could get edibles that specify the amount of thc per snack usually they come in 5's or 10's for easy dosing.

13. How long were you stuck in a funk for? I’m currently going through this

14. Me too! did any of your symptoms go away. It has been a month for me

15. I've overdone it on edibles 2-3 times in my life, felt funky for anywhere from 24hrs to 3-4 days afterward. In every case it was edibles made from flower I grew, by my brother whom has been making his own for years (so nothing weird in there with either ingredients or process).

I've also had some pretty epic adventures on edibles (well riding a bus 10 blocks to get a meatball sub because I was too high to drive that far was an adventure at the time!)

Not sure why sometimes they go good for me and sometimes it gets overdone, but it has happened to me before, that lasting "funk".

16. Dude you gonna be fine
    Eating this stuff is different.I think you are probably getting in your head aliitle to much.putting it in candy one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.If you eat enough weed that is potent it will make you cough. THC is an expectorant. I'm talking chowing down eating more than an ounce at a sitting.