Help cuttings dying!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Couchgouch, Feb 25, 2017.

1. I got a few critical + cuttings in root riots. Were very healthy when I got them, all rooted. I have no growing media till monday apart from rockwell blocks, and sugar cubes but no pots! so just trying to keep them alive. Never grown with cuttings before. They're getting worse and worse, leaves are curling look dry.

Fed them 300 ppm rhizo and vega for soil when I first got them

Put them in a cheap propagater

Originally under 400w MH, thought maybe heat light stress\ so now under 100w Cree Cobs 3590 3500k

Been spraying with 300 ppm rhizo often

Now moved them just lying flat in a Tupperware box with a blackbag covering the roots, see pics

This is painful just watching them die slowly infront of me.

Plain water?Less water?more\less nutes\?spraymore\less? Take me back to seeds!

Think these pics might end up massive sorry

Any advice, thank you?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ok..so they are rooted..so stop spraying them and get them out of a propagator. To humid.

Water like you would a plant the same size and the same way. IE: dont over water.

when u have a medium:
    Add some Cal/mag but no other nute when the medium is dry/ when u repot. Do his last step again when needed. Look at new growth and results and go from there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Leave them alone! That's the best you can do. What's with the plastic? They need o2. The leaves looks to be heat/light stress. Keep them under something weakerror like a cfl until they begin growing.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cheers guys will try that

5. looks like heat stress to me, but also overwater from the droop of the leaves. I'd do a flush and keep them a bit further from the light. time is your friend in these matters.

6. Yes. Make sure that you have your grow setup BEFORE you purchase your clones or make your cuttings. Without a grow set up, your cuttings will die.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So if he's overwatering he should flush? I would just put them in soil. Water in with silica and kelp meal tea. Keep the under cols for the time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheers guys. Afraid I had to take them last week as the guy needed rid

Think I'm out of hot water for now. One died but the others haven't deteriorated any further. Maybe even a little improvement.

2 still have tacod leaves but all in all they should make it. Not been much growth but they're just getting tap water atm. They're rooting in rockwool now, watering them when the RW dries out which is taking ages under the LEDs as they're dimmed right down still as I'm unsure if it was light or heat stress. Once the block dry out I'll start giving them a little feed

Thanks again!