Help cu-boulder students!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by FunkeeNuggz514, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Hey what's up GC!? I am having some problems and I am hoping that some of the students who come here can help me. I am officially moving to Boulder in May, and I will be there on the 15th, which is a Saturday (the date is etched in stone) so I can still take my placement test and start class June 1 at FRCC. My dad will be with me but he is just driving out with me and then taking off and heading back to Indiana probably the next day. My problem is that I am having problems finding a place to live. I know I will be there when most of the students go home but is there any site besides CL that can help me find a house with some roommates (and don't suggest roommates.com cuz I have tried and I am not paying to find a roommate)? I am coming out there by myself so I am wanting to live with clean people who are responsible but still like to have fun and they HAVE to be smokers or at least respectful cuz I will be a MMJ patient since I am getting off methadone before I come out there.

CAN ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?? PLEASE!!!

2. ^^^BUMP.....this got lost real quick!! Haha

c'mon peeps...someone has to be able to help me. Some one shed some light on how the housing is out there PLEASE!! I'm really stress'n this.

3. Is this the right forum?

4. Why aren't you living on campus? Does this university not have a residence hall?

Freshman dorms are like concentration camps, but you will meet some good friends and it's not too hard to find or consume cannabis in them.

Call the school's admissions department and ask if they know of any local postings for roommates. They may refer you to the department of residence life.

5. I feel your pain, but unfortunately can't help you with Boulder.

I know a lot of blades live there, hopefully one can help you out.

6. Why are you asking for CU-Boulder related help when you are planning to attend a community college that's in a different city?

7. No dorms for me man.....I'm 26, and will turn 27 the day i leave to head out there.....its a great b-day present, huh? I will be an MMJ patient anyways cuz I am prescribed to methadone and won't be when I am out there so cannabis isn't an issue.

Because Front Range is only 20 minutes away, but still in Boulder County and I will be going to CU after 1 year when I am a state resident so I will not have to move far, ya know? I know many people who live on the actual campus but go to a community school so I know its possible.

8. Hey man.
    Here's what I would do. I was planning on moving to Boulder
    but I lost my job and what not but what I did was went to their
    office.

Housing & Human Services

A very nice lady works there, and she will also be able to give
    you more information on places around there that can help you.
    She gave me like 3 different places to call a couple of them
    weren't with the city. It was like apartments, condos, houses, the works.
    But yeah call her and check it out.

Hope it helps, good luck to you.

9. Thanks a lot man!!

I just had some dude reply to my CL ad by calling my cell cuz I left it so they don't think I am a scammer but he thought I was moving now. It was funny cuz he was bragging about how he met a grower in his first 2 weeks there and that its cannabis capital usa according to norml and went on about their mmj laws. he even told me that i am coming out at the right time cuz its like 'amsterdam' as he put it. i didn't even bring it up, he did. that was the oddest, yet coolest conversation i've ever had with someone i didn't even know his name. reminded me of meeting someone at rothbury! lol

10. looks like you got yourself a good roomie :smoke:

11. He would have been perfect but I am touching down out there May 15 and he needed someone now.