Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help Convincing My Parents.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dankz0rs, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Dear Seasoned Tokers,

My parents just found out I smoke weed. I've been caught with it before and told them I'd stop, but now they know.

They DO know that Marijuana Isn't "addictive", but here are some problems they still have with it:

-Prevents brain developement

-Getting caught with it by the 5-0.

-Ruining my HS education (I have a 3.7 gpa)

-My mom half believes it's a gateway drug

What are some effective and respectful ways to cover these topics letting them know it's "okay".

I plan on talking to them soon, but just want some "Seasoning" up my argument :D

Thanks blades,

Drew.

P.s. I am 18, but living under my parents roof = living by their rules.:(

2. IMO all parents are different. So you are going to make your best judgement call and just tell them what you think is right. if they dont go for it, owell. If they do, congrats.

3. First, do not use the word and mentality "Convince" If some how a person is so mal-informed to draw up the conclusion that weed is a "gateway drug." You should educate your parents. Use concise and appropriate language, be serious and ask that they respect your opinion as you respect theirs.

If you fail to educate your parents on your own, there are many films that you can purchase/download that will aid you. To mention a just a few; [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007]The Union[/ame]. Waiting to Inhale. I personally recommend you watch them both and you show your parents "Waiting to Inhale" first.

If your parents still wish that you stop smoking [at least as long as you're living with them], get a job and move out. Good luck. :hello:

4. First of all, this is definently an apprentice thread. However, I will still put in my two cents.

Have your parents watch the Union. After that, if they have any questions feel free to answer them.

The Union

5. Extremely helpful. Thank you!

6. Duuuuude. My names drew too.

Hi other drew.

7. If I were in your shoes... I would explain to them a) you've been caught before and b) your GPA is still 3.7

There is no reason it would ruin your GPA as long as you stay responsible with it.

And since you live under their roof, by their rules.. Then at least try to be sneakier with it.. there are a ton of threads around here regarding stash spots and such. ;)

If all else fails, explain that it's from the earth.. at least its not crack... or anything else that has to get broken down, for that matter.

8. my name has drew in it too :eek:

9. Drew = popular stoner name perhaps?

10. bump! please help.. :)

11. the thing is if you're just some high schooler your parents are not going to change their mind no matter what....just deal with it

12. Sadly this is probably true, better just get high in secret.

13. Im in a similar situation but my parents(well, my stepdad) are extremely misinformed about weed. My step dad said "if I find another ounce(I started laughing cuz he found like a gram) of pot in my house I'll call the cops and have you sended to a rehab program" I tryed to tell him weed isn't addictive and no one goes to rehab just for weed and his comeback is "obviously it's addictive if u keep doing it" so I just gave up, use an axe can as a stash can it's amazingly awesome, it's just not smell proof. And try to smoke outside or use a fan and a window

14. They just keep saying "It's Illegal" That it is a terrible thing to do to your body.

It was really hard not to laugh.

15. It doesn't prevent brain growth. Actually it stimulates brain cell growth.

16. Do you have a link to these studies?!

17. just smoke outside your house.