Help Controlling Strong Bud Smell!?

Discussion in 'General' started by PinkFloydEffect, Mar 26, 2019.

1. I have bought all kinds of top shelf product over the last decade or two, but my living arrangements have changed and I have roommates now. Though they do not smoke, they don't mind I do, long as they don't smell it.

I always smoke at night, blow my hits out the window and cap my bowl between hits...I really try hard not to let any smoke drift but this stuff I have been getting lately is off the charts stinky. I can't even open my jar behind 2 doors without it reaking up the entire apartment. I recently realized the central air sucks all the air from my room under my door into the apartment so I have been using a door sock at night which is helping but it only takes the smallest amount to reak badly. They said they can even smell it outside my window.

I need a solution, Febreze and candles are not cutting it. I am out of ideas and I am not a fan of spraying tons of good smelling chemicals in the air all the time. I thought about getting a wax warmer/burner but I personally do not burn candles unless its non-petroleum based wax...so I would have to source wax made from beeswax or something alternative. I can not burn incense here or I would.

Any ideas? It used to be a battle with the smoke now its a battle period as soon as my jar is opened, I cant even pack it inside and go smoke outside because even packing a bowl reaks! :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Take it outside and smoke it....?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Get a big ass box fan from like Walmart or Big Lots or some shit, put it in the window, and open up your jar, toke, pack a bowl etc behind the fan.

Should blow any smell out and not reek.

EDIT: shit, realized you said they could smell it out the window. Oh well, try hotboxing your car.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Smoke weed. Play DotA or LoL. Give zer0 fucks and win the day.

yw
    :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Seriously, what the hell is with your posts?

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Sometimes weed makes serious less so. Sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Find new roomates?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. That's what I do during the day, bring the jar outside with me but there is no light outside where I smoke and the door is kind of loud near their room so I just smoke inside.

I kind of do, I flip the thermostat to fan and put the door sock down. It creates a lot of pressure in the room and it shoots the smoke out the window and 10 feet away from the building. The problem is I then have to wait for the room to clear before I can remove the sock and turn the AC back on. Dilemmas.

9. When you put your thermostat on fan the fan still circulates the air just as it does on heat or cool. If going outside, vaping, dabs, or edibles don't work then face it, there is no solution so you're going to have to stop smoking pot.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Easy fix is to buy a light?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I will have to look into it and make sure it continues to cool, if so I will leave it on fan all night or 24/7 since now typing this I read 24/7 fan reduces stress on the motor. I would rather have my air continuously filtered anyway. I have tried vaping I always go back to smoking, edibles are not controlled enough for me, and dabs I would love if I had a good source but I don't.

I was hoping someone had a suggestion for a clean burning wax or something natural that would make a good mask.

And fix the sliding door so it doesn't sound like a screaming elephant at 2am. Its the only door to the deck.

12. Dry herb vaporizer. Smell doesn't linger around and doesn't cling to stuff like fabrics.

With a window open smoke and stuff should dissipate and fly off into the atmosphere. I'd have a fan blowing out the window for a short while for faster air exchange/ventilation. Keep in mind if air is blowing in from outside(windy in your direction) and the fans on, it'll suck all the Smokey air back into the room.
    Get an Arizer Extreme Q for your room and blaze away. Easier fix

13. Vaping sucks

14. #14 Grow Vault, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Not the cheapest solution...but it will work for you. I have done this before and it worked wonderfully for me.
    Buy a good nice size carbon filter (like a 6"x16" or 6"x24") and a 6" inline fan/blower ($80).
    Run the blower w/filter when your going to open your jar or smoke.
    If you want to go 1 step further you can buy some ducting (its cheap) and run the duct to the window to exhaust it. You can use a heavy piece of cardboard or something slimier to fit in the window with a 6" hole for your duct to run to.
    When you smoke blow it to the filter....the filter will last a couple years used this way.
    The blower (if you buy a decent brand, will last forever)

You can also add a speed controller ($15) to adjust the speed of the blower which will also lover the noise from the blower.

Added:
    If you want to go real crazy, buy a small grow tent (or make one) and sit in that to smoke w/ the carbon filter inside and running the exhaust out of the tent. This will 100% solve your issue.
    The only one smelling it would be you.

Good luck and hopefully you can figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. This sucks. Your situation I mean. I’ll reserve judgment on your roommates, but consuming in your pad is going to be impossible. You mentioned central air which means you have a cold air return ... one vent pushing fresh air in one pulling it out...and thusly to the rest of the residence. So unless there was some sort of carbon filter that would fit over the cold air return, air tight, they’ll still smell it. You need a new pad or new roommates. Easier said than done, I know. But hey, I guess it’s not impossible after all. Most cold air returns are small as a small trash bin. Make a carbon filter to fit that cold air return tho,

16. Dude find some roomates that allow you to be a grown ass man and express yourself how you want to not ones that you have to hide from thats not cool for either party

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Wow haha

Every room has a fresh air return, no rooms have vents pulling air back to system. Air returns to a central vent in the center of the apartment so blocking the bottom of the door prevents air from returning to the system.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Holy shit your right. This person could smoke in a grow tent with a carbon filter!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Why? Because you have only used $20 eBay vapes?

You do realize vapes fully extract all.cannabinoids from weed?

• Like Like x 1
  20. I have tried everything under a Volcano, I just do not like the entire process or effect.