Help Confirming Sex (I dont want to let go..!)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by errrbal, Dec 17, 2009.

1. So this is my second grow of AK48. First was healthy, but a male. This one looks like the same. Can someone else call it so i dont feel too bad about killing it?

Are males good for anything? Hash?

I only have room to grow one plant at a time. I assume my best route is to go with fem seeds?.

Thanks all.

Attached Files:

2. I'd wait a little longer its hard to tell. Another day or two and you'll know. Shouldn't be an issue since you only got one plant at a time.

3. It looks to be a male but we cant be 100percent sure. If you see ANY little white hairs then its a girl. your a few days off knowing for sure.

4. Thanks guys. Fingers crossed. Loking for fem seeds now just in case

5. That is a male my friend.

What are you growing in? Ph? Temp?

6. I'd say male. Males are an important part of breeding programs, but if you're just growing some smoke.......kill it.

If I had several plants going, I'd sequester the males, pick the best one and breed it to the best female. Then I would have my own stash of seeds and wouldn't have to buy seeds.

I'm not a big fan of feminized seeds, however in your case, it might be the best way to go.

7. I'm following this thread. I've got one plant in this stage as well. I'm hoping I can keep her and not toss him.....butter, I guess

8. I have been in that seat before and my advice is to start germinating more now. Dont wait.

9. 140 watts of CFL Soil grow, dont have a thermometer in the cab.

Its not too hot in there, but could that be my problem - temps?

Tap H2O and molasses for feeding.

Seems very healthy to my eye and from what ive read

10. Yeah you stressed it into a male. The temp is too high and the air circulation is probably minimal. The tap water PH is 7-8. This is not ideal for growing bud.

11. got it. Ill order a new batch of seeds (fem) and put a little more effort into minimizing stress.

12. think of it this way
    the odds of getting a female are gradually becoming more and more in your favor with each failed attempt

13. I hear ya... Just want my own home grown to smoke. From seed to finish, seems like the most satisfying way to go. Attached my purchase from worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com.

Going fem, with hopefully little stress...

Attached Files:

14. just freak the shit outta ur male plants, force them to go hermi. thats a cheap way of getting fem'd seeds. a male can go hermie, right??

15. Nice order dude.

The chances of making a male go hermie are slim to none. Most people who want to keep the genetics of the male plant have it pollinate a female.

16. It's looking to me like it's time to make some cannabutter buddie.....