Help/Comments for Veg. Stage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ricks929, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Just want to see if my 1st grow is goin good. I have 15 plants, 6 weeks old, between 2 1/2" - 4 1/2" tall in 5" Jiffy Pots. 2 days ago I put them 20" under a 1000W MH and are OK. Im doin a light cycle of 20/4. Most got sick awhile ago and have or should have 3-6 sets of true leaves. I have a big fan on the light & a small fan blowing on the plants. The temp is mid-high 80's w/ the fan OFF and high 70's w/ them on. The Humidity is staying around 40% which Im workin on. Im already seeing the nice crystals on most of the leaves, I love it. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanx

Was this a good plant height to put them under the MH's?

When should I move the 1's goin outside, outdoors? I know after the last frost.

When should I switch the indoor plants to the HPS's?

I used FloraNova 7-4-10 the last couple times is that good for now?

Anything else that I should do or not do? Thanx again, I can use any advice.

2. Doesn't sound good 3 inches after 6 weeks of 24 hour light. I get those results after 7 to 10 days. If you check the last entry, I have a tray of seedlings in 5 inch containers. I would have given up on those plants 3 weeks ago and started over. I know I can get better results.

3. I know dude, its my 1st grow and I fucked up a couple times and stunted their growth. Im ordering new seeds this week and if the plants Im doin now dont take off by the time I get the new 1's theyre gettin trashed. On average how long after germination should it be before the plants go under the MH's? And how long should they stay under the MH's before they go to the HPS's? I was asking around on here on how often I should be watering the plants and never got a straight answer and ended up overwatering them. Any tipsor advice formy next grow would be appreciated. Thanx bro.

4. Keep on, keepin' on! If your girls are still alive, then you are doing something right. My advice though: I wouldn't order new seeds until the May special at Attitude. I would only order a few and get the freebies to grow out. Also, download the books in the Absolute Beginners section. They are invaluable!

+ rep for trying!!!!!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

5. Right now my problem is I dont know if im over or under watering. The bottom leaves are turning yellow and the plants are drooping pretty bad. When I do water should i SOAK the plant? Theyre in 5" jiffy pots w/ 4 holes on the bottom. I read that you should water the plant till water comes outta the bottom, is this right? Or is that to much? I have 6 reallygoodlookin plants but the rest look like they could go either way. Theyre kinda yellowish and droopy. Do you know what Im doin wrong w/oseeing a pic? Thanx alot.

6. Try watering the plants when the pots feel light, or get a moisture meter if you're unsure. Keep in mind, that a 1000W light less then two feet away, plus fans and high temps are going to dry your soil out pretty quickly. Also, maybe consider some CFL for a week or 2 after the beans sprout.

7. #7 OrganicIsBetter, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    seedlings don't need a 1000w MH blazing over them... there's one problem :)

only water when the soil's dry... about once every 3-5 days for my setup, can't say 100% how quickly your soil dries, but if you water every day or every other, you're most likely over-watering...

it's not that we don't give straight answers... it's that there's variables for a lot of questions, and the last thing we want to do is misinform you... some soils dry quicker... some ppl use mulches... some soils have wetting agents, some people use water crystals, hid vs cfl, the millions of different fans out there.... temps, humidities, soil/pot drainage etc... all these variables determine how long the soil holds water...

so instead of every 3-5 days, we say check the soil yourself... make sure it's dry 2 inches down and water... for seedlings, you should keep a little moisture there, don't let them totally dry up... for more established plants you want the soil bone dry before watering...

and when you water.... WATER it :)

make sure it all gets soaked....let it drain about 20 mins and empty the runoff if you have a tray underneath (before you dump it, good time to pH check if you're curious)