Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help coming out of retirement, need your expertise.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HogDogity, Dec 29, 2009.

1. I have been smoke free for about 15 years (described in more detail in the link below) I intend to change that when the circumstances warrant.

More detail:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/520403-havent-smoked-since-dec-96-a.html

So I am reaching out to you seasoned tokers for your advice. Basically, when I (finally) do find a connection - I want to ensure I dont wast my first toke in 15 years on anything other than real female hair sweet nugs.

I dont want to be a noob target for dumping off junk mids or a bag of flake. So - since the language seems to have changed, what are the terms I need to know? What is proper terminology for REAL buds? Is there anything else I should keep in mind, etc?

Thanks for your help -

2. Personally, I ask for "fire" when buying from someone I don't know. There are other terms, "headies," "high grade," etc. but the important thing is don't ever buy more than a dub (20 bag) from someone you don't know. Make sure you get a chance to at least look at the bag before you purchase it. I don't know what the prices are like in your area, here in NYC it's 10 dollars for .4 grams of fire bud.

Now to find someone. Where I live, it's easy, find any guy who seems to have a permanent address on a stoop and ask. Where you live, I don't know what it's like, but a college campus is sure to have someone you could either buy from, or someone who will know.

My advice for when you do find someone to buy from is buy a dime bag. Since you used to smoke, and I'm assuming you used to be quite an experienced toker, you should be able to tell good bud from bad. If it's good bud, you've got your man, and you should buy weight, as opposed to dimes and dubs.

Hope this helps.

3. Ever since I've started smoking I've:
    become really lazy but i've improved that, and become more productive so that i can in fact smoke later in the evening.

4. Thanks, I appreciate the thoughtful reply. Fire is a new one for me, but I have heard it elsewhere recently, so that makes some sense - I will keep that one in my vocabulary. And yes - I was a seasoned toker back in the day, so I can easily spot mexi mids over kush :). But I was young and stupid then, so I only get half credit for my time served :).

Thanks and if anyone else has any other vocab advice (or otherwise) chime right in.

5. I wouldn't try to use to much slang, man. Just go to a guy that you can trust and ask for quality. If you go around asking for 'fire' or something without it being part of your everyday speech it will make you sound awkward or like a cop.

Just be cool, make sure you check it out before you hand over any money.

6. Ask for some dank, or fire. Ask for a dub, that's 20$ worth. Have the 20 in a pocket, don't pull it out of your wallet during. That takes time, looks less shady, and he could grab your wallet and run.

If your stuck, go to the mall and ask the stoners if they can 'hook it'. They'll know what you mean. If you are near a big city, just wear stoner apparel, look really baked, and wander the city streets near headshops. That or go to the big park at the closest city. It would probably be offered to you.

7. Can't go wrong with looking for purp or nug, since those are still pretty direct terms.

8. I think a safe quality term to use would be dank. everyone says dank these days. If you can tell the difference between good and bad it shouldnt be that hard to get what you want.

9. Dank
    Headies
    Money

10. honestly man, i recon some of your 'clean' friends smoke, they just don't want anyone knowing, a bit like you. i'm from england so vocab advice from me probably wouldn't be too helpful

11. True.

12. I accept with information:NYCHarlemBudz humbly walks among the Blades
    NYCHarlemBudz
    \t
    Re: Help coming out of retirement, need your expertise.
    Personally, I ask for "fire" when buying from someone I don't know. There are other terms, "headies," "high grade," etc. but the important thing is don't ever buy more than a dub (20 bag) from someone you don't know. Make sure you get a chance to at least look at the bag before you purchase it. I don't know what the prices are like in your area, here in NYC it's 10 dollars for .4 grams of fire bud.

13. dank kill or fire or cali kill or just say cali bud

14. #15 abnormldood, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    Welcome to the city, my friend. My word of advice, don't try to throw out too much lingo that you aren't familiar with, as it could sound sketchy. Try to find a term or two that you like and become comfortable using them in conversations. I've lived on the West coast, on the East coast, in the MidWest and the terms 'dank' and 'headies' to me are the most universal.

If you want some primo bud, ask for some headies and they'll know what you're after--afterwards, it's up to you to look at it and judge it based on quality. Don't be surprised if your first connect charges you $20/gram, that's average just about wherever you go. At $20/gram it should ideally have no seeds and be frosty enough to build a snowman.:D

15. #16 Phamas, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    Around here we just ask for bud. Just don't act out of the ordinary and like everyone else is preaching keep it low on the slang usage and welcome back! :p

Man alcohol for the past 15 years must've been rough! Since I became a more regular smoker alcohol has become less and less appealing to me.

16. This.

:smoking: