Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help cleaning this piece

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by T9skswhenyourhi, Aug 23, 2007.

1. [​IMG] I picked up this piece a few weeks ago, it is super nice, bouble blown and everything, hits really good. But I have a small problem, I have no idea how to clean it. I can get the bowl part clean pretty easy but I am pretty anti-resin and like to keep my piece clean. Are there any household things I can use ?
    Maybe like a strong chemical cleaner ? I dont really feel like buying anything. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Also, I live with my parents so I cant boil the resin out. Wayyy too sketchy.

2. try lookin around ur house for a strong rubbing alcohol. if u find anything like that put ur piece in a bag and pour some of the rubbing alcohol in the bag along with the pipe. after that add as much salt as u want and put it on the piece so that the rubbing alcohol catches onto something while u shake it. close the bag and shake it up a lot until ur satisfied with how clean ur piece is. hope it works out for ya.

3. 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
    McCormick Sea Salt Grinder

bam, sharp serrated salt crystals will be abrasive and will not dissolve in alcohol. cover all holes on the piece and shake for 1-2 minutes.

4. i was going to say the same thing. if you cant get ahold of alchol then go into a bathroom when its night time and if you have really hot facets let it sit under that. and make sure its hot with the little drain up so no water gets out . so its like a tiny hot tub for your piece then pour salt in the water and start scrubbing with an old toothbrush or some sort of sponge or brillo pad. thats the best i can tell you if you dont want to buy anything

5. Da_Sauce hooked you up with the best way.

I put the piece in a plastic freezer bag (one with a good closing) Cover it with alcohol, put some salt, shake it up.

Wash it out real good under a sink, presto, clean pipe

6. nice. I will go try it. BRB in 15 min, let you know how it works out.

7. Just any salt really and and normal rubbing alcohol. 99% rubbing alcohol will work better than 70%, but any will work just fine.

It really doesn't matter that much, all you have to do is run it under the sink or something to wash out all the leftover rubbing alcohol and salt before you spark it up, i made that mistake with my bong once and my lungs got quite a surprise.

8. as long as the alcohol is at least 90% it should work fine

9. it will work with 70% and regular salt, you just have to use more salt and shake longer, but it works, just need to use more elbow grease (shake harder and longer)

Just make sure ya wash it out real good with warm / hot water afterwards.

It will come out as clean as the day you bought it, any pieces that are semi-stuck can be removed with a Q-tip after this process, and will wipe right off (if you go a long time between cleanings, you might have to Q-tip a little out afterwards, but most of the time it call comes off from shaking)

10. worked ike a charm. Thank you veryyy veryy much. Now if only I knew this when I had my first piece ......

RIP - Crackbowl that I found laying in some mud when i was wandering through a briar patch drunk as fuck

11. qtips help, too.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJJSrka0rOI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJJSrka0rOI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

12. nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol
    + rice works...

or theres this spray called Spray Nine and it does wonders 3 sprays add some water shake it up and it looks brand new. but yu dont want to buy anything.