Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help: Choosing nice glass.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Came2Ask, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Alright guys i am no troll i just need help buying a decent glass peice price range $200-$1000 and i am really new to glass so what would you guys suggest i was looking at [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBHa1vj6CHs&feature=channel]YouTube - SG Sovereignty GridCap Grid Cap Single Chamber www.glassdistrict.com[/ame] but people are saying that it is very rare and probably won't find one. So what should i get i want either a toro or an SG.

oh and honey combs are a plus

2. Hit up a local headshop and find one, i'd say a roor/illadelph anything thats good glass, ash catcher and percs would be good too

3. ^^ I agree. Go to a headshop and look around to see what they have and go from there. Personally a nice glass on glass bong with a perc and an ashcatcher are the best.

4. #4 Menos, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
    Nice! Its good to see another person converting to bongs lol. Pretty much what everyone said already, just try hitting up your local headshops. Although name brand bongs are nice more often then not they're overpriced and you have to take into consideration that if you want a good bong it's going to be glass and glass breaks; nothing's worse than seeing a couple hundred dollar investment breaking into a million pieces. IMO for bongs the most important things are in this order, ice catcher > diffuser > perculator > ash catcher.

I got this 2.4 footer with 3 percs, diffuser downstem, ice catcher, ash catcher for only $140 at my local headshop

[​IMG]

5. Good lord. It's like the hand of god blessed that shit.

6. lol my roommate has that exact same bong, minus the ashcatcher

7. Dont want to be that guy...But think about a vape?

8. If your willing to spend, go with TORO or SG. You pay for quality, and these companies have extremely high standards.

9. $200-$1000 is a big gap. If your gonna spend 1k get an SG

10. #10 sinsemillaplease, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
    If you're thinking about the likes of a Toro or SG... don't expect to see them at just any local headshop like those early posters were saying. SG is only selling to CA now and Toros sell for crazy markups in some parts of the country. If you're looking for something legitimately nice you need to do a little research on different glass and see what you like, what you should expect to pay and where you can locate it. Otherwise you'll get robbed and end up with a drag monster or something with inconsistent glass thickness where it counts.

This is a great place to do it if you're into tediously searching through import, low end and midgrade glass to find the high end stuff. Even the high end thread gets clogged up with it. I'd recommend you head over to glassdistrict.com if $200-$1000 is your desired price range.

As far as a recommendation: I've really been digging the new reinforced tree Toros, the innovative stuff like inverted circulators and disc/circ bubblers from Stone Glass Works and Vertigo Glass respectively, and the custom work ITZA has been doing.

11. not sure of this has been said but look at illedelph. they have some pretty crazy shit. by buddy has abong from them and it hits really nice. It's thick glass too.

12. Get yourself a nice Illadelph or US Tubes.

Illadelph looks great and is pretty thick but US Tubes usually has crazy thick glass with a big ass thick joint for around $300