help choosing a bong ..

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by joelww14, Aug 21, 2013.

1. #1 joelww14, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    Hi everyone ...

Its my first post here after scouring the site for agess and looking for as many reviews and other peoples opinions as possible, but can still just not make up my mind .

Im from the uk and havent got a huge budget like alot of other glass lovers out there.

At the moment ive got just a simple glass on glass 50cm straight bubble tube that cost a whopping £20 so anything is an improvement really ...

Ive managed to shorten the list down to a small few but am open to everyones suggestions.

Ill attach pics of the bongs ive got my eye on ..

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. all to fancy again for me, one on the far right is best 

3. #4 Hypoxic, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  4. When u say far right do u mean the honeycomb or the last pic of the blaze twin 8 arm ...

And wellmonster ive gotta agree that glass is sexy haha...

5. Thats the setup im most interested in ... both the first image of the blaze and the blackleaf honeycomb are the same design just cant make my mind up as the blaze looks better quality but the disk perc looks a bit high compared to the blackleaf.

6. Yeah that disc does look a little high compared to the one I picked up.  I was thrilled to find the one I wanted with a disc, I was hoping to avoid tree arms just so avoid potential hassel of an arm breaking off.  I think you'll be happy with any of them, at the end I always weigh in which one catches my eye more.

7. Ok then .. between the blue blaze ufo and honeycomb perc and the blackleaf honeycomb with ufo also which one does everyone prefer? Like i daid blaze glass looks much better quality bit unsure about how high the honwycomb disk is in the tube . Any help hugely appreciated :)

8. My advice is always If you absolutely MUST buy china glass (for budget reasons) stay away from any type of tree/arm percs.
    They're fragile when poorly made out of poor quality, brittle glass.

9. the one with the black background

10. #12 joelww14, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    I think im definately now torn between the blue blaze multi level honey comb with ufo and the blackleaf honeycomb with ufo .. so which does everyone think is better there both 5mm and the same sorta price .. im pretty sure blaze is just made by blackleaf for the higher end market....

And i know i really shouldnt, but that blackleaf 24arm just looks amazing and is 7mm thick . But id be terrified of destroying the tree perc every time its out

Any help greatly appreciated and thanks to all those who have helped already :)

Whats everyones oppinion on the blackleaf 7mm 24 arm tree aswell .

11. #13 Hypoxic, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    You cannot replace piece of mind. If you are already worried about breaking a tree perc before you have it imagine the first time someone else handles it in front of you! I always believe in you get what you pay for. If it takes another week or two to save up an extra little cash to get the one you really want and a quality piece than those couple weeks are nothing compared to looking at a broken perc for a long time. I'm so happy I waited and really shopped around because the deals are out there, u just gotta hunt them down.

Keep your eyes peeled as I was looking into a 150-175 piece online and it convienently stated "made in the USA using Chinese components"...huge red flag to me, at the end of the day that means those Percs and shit are cleverly disguised as high end because they were assembled here (fender guitars pulls the same shit with some low end USA model guitars too).