HELP!!! CFL week 5 Vegging First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Aperfectsphere, Dec 27, 2012.

1. How do my babies look? My first ever indoor grow. I have 4 26w cfls (5700k) on three 5 week old bag seed plants. I just moved the lights up about 6 inches above the plants. They were only about 3 inches away last week but they weren't getting very tall for their age. I topped one for trial/error purposes so I'm waiting to see what will happen. Should I transfer my pots now? Need some advice/tips

Attached Files:

2. Yes. You likely have a root ball suitable for transplant.

3. Your plants arent very healthy but ive seen much worse. Give me specifics about your soil and water conditions.

4. How much longer should I veg for? Any reccomended gallon size for my transfer (crossing fingers)

5. #5 Tyrell, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    id say move em a lil closer or get some side light.. those nodes look a little spacey.. but for your first grow your doing amazing... also make sure on the one you topped the 2 side leaves dont stand straight up and block light from your clipped spot.. other than that your looking great...

id get a couple 5 gallon pots and veg those babies for 2 more weeks and then flip to 12/12 and watch them explode in size and weight... also get a lil side light going something that reflects up into the branches for internal light :)

6. Started them for first 2 weeks in rocksoil. Transferred to FFOF soil at 2 weeks. No nutes. Water daily by hand. Soil dries up very quickly. About 4 oz of water each for the big ones daily. I water the seedlings about every 2 days

7. Are you going to use cfl to flower?

8. I have 1 250w Hps for flowering... I'm new to this so bear with my ?'s I am not sure how much longer I need to veg for. Maybe a week. Maybe 2

9. How large is your space?

10. I have a 3ft wide by 5ft long by 7 ft tall area

11. Put them in at least 3 gallon pots and put the 250 on them.

12. Get a bigger light to flower.

13. I don't know what type of light to use for the side/bottom lighting. I have a 16w florescent aquarium light I used for early seed sprouting. Or should I just set up another power strip with a bulb on each side

14. How far should I keep my 250w hps from my plant tops when I switch to 12/12

15. Buffalo.. What size hps do you suggest

16. For your dimension if you wis to use all your space 1 1000w. Current plant count 600w. I grow four young plants under a 600 4x4 space.

17. I would veg in 3 gallon til root bound and upgrade again let it take to final pot and then flower. Im in 7 gallons in 3 to 4 with clones.

18. Should I put them under my 250w hps now? Or keep the cfls on them and then upgrade to 600w hps? Is the 250w a waste I my money?

19. I would. I put mine under hid as soon as I have lateral growth.

20. If I switch to a hps , should I keep my 24 hr cycle on? Can I switch as soon as tomorrow!? And will my 250w hps be ok to run for three plants or is it a waste