Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP! Caught by parents!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iSwole, Jul 6, 2012.

1. So my parents caught me smoking in my room (dumb I know). Now they think I'm a junkie or something and are considering rehab and therapy. They think I have a serious problem and that I'm killing myself. I have started to convince them of the true facts of marijuana and I think that part will work. But the biggest thing is that my parents just went ape on me because it is an illegal activity. They say I'm going to get caught by the police and get thrown in jail and no college will ever accept me and I'll never be able to find a job. They threatened to kick me out of the house because I'm headed down the wrong path and they want nothing to do with me if I continue smoking. Is there anything I can do to convince them to let me smoke even though it is illegal?

2. Since you're over 18. Ask them if they would rather you move out.

3. Well, since you're over 18, you can make your own decisions....like moving out of their house and living your own life by your own rules...on your own.

4. Not every 18 year old is in a position where they can just move out of their parents' home.

5. honestly i doubt you will get much out of your parents. dont do it under there ruff, and when you move out carry on. IMO, you need to listen to your parents cause you're under there household. see if they would watch the union with you. or just let it be and give up

6. Tell them you wont be getting caught by the police if you're smoking within the safety of their house. Also, just go to erowid.org, they have unbiased info about weed

7. Educate them on the truth. Explain both the positives and negatives and how you weighed the risks. Flip it around on them by telling them that if they truly don't want you to get caught then let you smoke at the house (not inside of course). But first show them that you are responsible with it and that you aren't addicted (assuming that they think you are)

8. I don't think you can/must convince your parents. Sometimes you just gotta make choices in life, this is one of those moments. What is more important? Love from your parents or to smoke weed till your old enough to get out of your parents house. Get your priorities straight.

9. that sucks man. makes me so glad my parents are so chill about it lol.

How old are you?

I got my parents to accept it by smoking weed, getting 90's on every test i took and getting accepted to every college i applied to lol.

10. If you're 18 or over, they can't make you do shit. Rehab? Haha, sit down and explain how it is healthy. Tell them, "Be glad I'm not smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol".

So glad my parents are chill with me smoking.

11. Yes I'm 18 but don't have enough money to live on my own unfortunately. And I forgot to mention that I told them I buy from a dealer obviously. And since I told my dad that he says I put the whole family in danger and we could all be killed. WTF?

12. You are clearly under 18. Can a mod ban him?? These little kids really are getting annoying. If you are 18 tell them to fuck off and mind their business. You are so obviously underage. Clearly if you were 18 you would have already applied to colleges since it's already summer so thats proof enough to ban you.

13. Sorry if this hurts anyone but if parents stop loving their child for smoking weed, they are shitty parents.

14. They say it's rotting my brain and I have a 4.2 GPA. And I passed a drug test they gave me and they think I spiked my piss with some pills or something to test negative.

15. Wait what...

16. another boring thread, sorry OP, same crap different day.

17. why would they test you if they caught you???????

18. I'm not going to college next year. Working to get the funds for college. Still won't be enough left over to live on my own though.