Help Cal/Mag deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BlumBlum, Feb 23, 2016.

1. First time grow in DWC. Here is some background info:

3.5gal DWC ... good roots, all white, no rot. Filled about 2gal worth, about 1/4" below bottom of net pot

Temps stay about 75-80 with a Rh between 35-50. Great air circulation, multiple fans, etc as well as a small humidifier

Reservoir temps between 60-70 (chiller coming in Friday for consistent temps).

PH is checked twice a day ... Stays between 5.5-6.2

Distilled water for the reservoir. Week 1 and 2 I kept my nutes PPM low (100-150) to slowly adjust the plant to the DWC. Just cranked it to 950 PPM with the following:

GH micro: 15mL
    GH bro: 20mL
    GH bloom: 5mL
    Rapid root: 5mL
    Flourious: 2mL
    Ca/Mg: 6mL

Growth took off after this last change (last Thursday). But now I am seeing some issues.

Germinated and Seedling under 5500k and 6500k CFLs. Now running (2) 300w LEDs at about 25". No more CFL. I have a 2700k and (2) T5's ready to go for Flower to add to the LEDs

Just topped about 3 days ago

Healthy growth ... but now some spotting and brown on the bottom 2 fan leaves. It's now spreading to the top 2 big fan leaves

Based on some research it looks to be a Cal/Mag deficiency.?? Therefore, I added 3mL of Ca/Mg last night. My next bucket change is for Thursday, but should I change early to get fresh nutes??

18/6 cycle right now.

Thanks for all comments, feedback and advice

Pics are tough with the LED light. New growth is a nice light green, while existing growth is a nice even darker green

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Bump!

3. You need to put pic up with out that light on...sheesh

4. Looks more like nutrient abundance than deficiency but a pic with the light off would help.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'll take a pic with no lights on when I get home. Nutrient abundance would make sense since I jumped from 150 ppm to 950 ppm. We shall see what the experts say!

6. Nutrient burn, back off the EC to 1.0-1.2 for that stage..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Going to flush and lower PPM to about 500-600 (was at 950)

Here are some pics in reg light ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ya, that's quite a bit of nute to be using with these little ladies.

9. Thanks for the advice everyone. Fresh res with new nutes. Lowered PPM to 700.

Next question. Snip those two lower fan leaves off, or just leave them??

10. Yeah you can't do a jump like that and expect the plant to take in all those nutes and know what to do with them

11. I followed the damn nute chart by GH and thought I needed to spike up. Poor decision.

After changing the Res and lowering to 700 last night the burn spread a little more into the larger fan leaves this morning. I will see how it looks this afternoon, after dark cycle. I may change res again and lower some more to around 500. The new growth is beautiful, but I don't want to have this come back to bite me.

12. Yeah it will take a few days for the plant to adjust . Just give it a couple days then go again

13. The damaged growth will not repair, keep adjusting EC until you see vivacious, healthy new grow and keep with it

• Like Like x 1