Help! Bugs munchin my plants!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mauiboystatus, Aug 13, 2009.

1. I just stepped outside to check on my clones and there were about 50 baby grasshoppers on them, eating. To the experienced growers: what to do, all natural remedies preferred. Also, there are these black ladybug like things, are they harmful? Thanks and Mahalo in advance!

2. where do you live, is it arid or dry? or is there a lot of vegetation near it?

3. I live on maui, hawaii. usually dryer with occasional showers but just got hit with tropical storm so is wetter than usual. yes, there is vegetation hiding them

4. Maybe draping some sort of bug netting (like a really big piece of mosquito net) over the plant, keeping the plant in a bug-free, netted environment where it can still get airflow and sunlight and all that.

5. neem oil! pick it up at your local garden store:p

6. Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad. Read up on it.....this stuff works wonders for leaf eating bugs, and is not harmful to the good bugs. Plus.....it's inexpensive and organic.