HELP brown tips on this plant!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Keep It Green, May 25, 2010.

1. Hi my plant is 3 weeks old( i know its tiny!) idk why its growing so slow it started brown on just one leaf and has gotten worse now the other leaf is starting to yellow! please help first 2 pics will be the sick one the last one will be a plant that sprouted a day before. anyone know whats wrong??

Attached Files:

2. We need details to help you:

What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

3. haha ok details
    soil is just plant soil i got from my moms garrage
    its indoors
    it was bag seed so idk strain
    plants are 3 weeks and 2 days
    im using CFL's so lights are about 4-6 inches away
    i water twice a week. water is filter and sits for 24 hours
    i dont use nutes
    i dont have the pH tested
    temps are are 80
    idk humidity
    pots are 6 inches
    and no bugs

is that enough?

4. Somewhat. First off I will say that you cannot grow pot effectively without knowing the PH. You have to rule out PH inadequacies first before you do anything. An inexpensive PH pen will run you about $25. If that is too costly, then you can buy PH test kits at pet stores for a few dollars.

Second. If that bag of soil is still in the garage, go check it out and tell us exactly what brand/type it is and what the NPK ratios are.

With this info, we have a good chance of nailing down the problem.

5. ok ill have to go buy one sometime this week when i got to the store. and i have to wait till i got back down to my moms house to see what type of soil it is. but any guesses atleast on what it could be?

6. Same soil for both plants, same watering schedule. Both plants have same temp and humidity. One looks great the other is a runt. I have to call it as maybe the bagseed.
    I would transplant the little one into new soil and just keep the soil moist.

Next time I would sift out some of those logs in the potting soil so those little roots can move easier and twice a week may be a little to much for watering plants that young. Just depends on if their drying out enough between waterings.
    When you use soil you know nothing about it may not be sterile and gnats and other critters can lay eggs causing problems in the grow.

7. anyone kno the ph of miracle grow premium

8. hah dude random post on an old thread :hello: