Help!!! Brown spots appearing on fan leaves:(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by greennewfie, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ok i just started 12/12 two days ago and today i noticed brown spots appearing on the bigger fan leaves and i'm not sure what the problem could be i cant find a picture on the forums that i could compare it with.....
    if anyone could help it is greatly appreciated

im not useing any nutes yet because i have miracle grow slow released potting soil mixed with black earth top soil, its not over watered cause i only water once a week, cant see any bugs, water is ph 6.4ish.....
    any other suggestions this is my first grow which is about 40 days in now almost and here is a couple pics of the sick leaves today------>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the plant healthy looking 3 days ago-------->
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please help if you can i am worried it is serious!!!

2. i just watered because i realized the soil was getting really dry at the bottom and top, and when i watered i seen roots showing at the top when the soil settled it seems really full of roots for such a short time in that bucket about 2 weeks, they were a healthy white color though so i just put a small layer of extra soil on top of the exposed roots and now my leaves seem to be starting to droop.... i have a bad feeling about these problems!!!

3. bump i tried ground up egg shells for calcium and a very very small amount of Epsom salt like 1/8 tsp sprayed on leaves because i have watered yesterday gotta wait a few more days

[​IMG]

4. it worked she came around was the cal/mag problem.... here's a updated pic day 9 flower
    [​IMG]

5. LordtunderinJESUS man.

U fixed it. Way to go !!!

Healthy lookin too.

+ rep, newf.

Freak
    :smoke:

6. haha tanks by' she was a hard ol' go but we survived it.. myson me nerves was shot when i seen dat lol.... thanks for dropping by Freakbro its going good now gonna lst the next one i think, then i can get light to the lower branches easier!!

7. So how do you apply these ground up egg shells that you speak of???

8. well there are a couple ways i guess!! i crushed up some first not to dust just very small chips before i done more research on it cause it takes forever to break down egg shells..... but after i ground some to pretty much dust and put a tsp in my water and let it soak in for a couple days before i watered and it seemed to work, the brown spots stopped spreading within a few days!!

9. Oh I see. The reason why I asked is cuzz im sorta having the same problem only my stems and branches have been purple since seeds popped lol. Now they r two and a half weeks old and lower tips look like they are nutrient burned with brown circles appearing on them as well. I use miracle grow cuzz its all I could get right now. I've only fed two of em one time with recipe for success veg solution but all three plants are having these issues. I discovered this two days ago and only been watering but nothing changed spots increase with droopy leaves.

10. Do you know what strain you have? I have a random seed and it looks identical to my plant. Except for the LST, now it looks a little different :p

Red stems are connected to a nutrient deficiency. Google cannabis nutrient deficiency and you can find all kinds of stuff that describes what the plant will look like with a given nute deficiency. Some have pictures as well. Typically the red stems are linked to one of your main nutes (N, P, K) and could possibly be Mg. I would just look up one of those sites and read some stuff to see what best fits your plant's profile. Hope this helps :)

11. yeah thanks whimsical i will look that up, i just started feeding nutrients a week ago hopefully it fixes itself up with those i just battled a cal/mag problem as well.. i am not sure what the strain is i got it out of a bag i got off a friend random unknown seed and it was all deformed at the start, and when i transplanted her she was all sideways and i buried the stem up too the round leaves kinda LSTd itself i got lucky i guess lol...

12. That's exactly what happened with mine! I got my seed from a bag of basically ditch weed. It started off all weird. I buried it up to its round leaves and the plant is growing exactly like yours. I have LST and bent it to the side once to get some more light to the bottom.
    I was actually starting from a 0$ budget and seeing how much I would really need to spend. Now, the plant has grown beautifully. I'm crazy impressed with how well it looked, and I was really excited when someone elses plant looked exactly like mine. I'll have to get a pick up sometime, the similarity is uncanny. :)

13. that is awesome man!! yes post a link up here and ill have to see it for sure i am looking forward to seeing a pic did you start flowering already?

14. Just for future use, if you shell a dozen hard boiled eggs or two, crush then in a coffee grinder, put them into a jar and cover them in white vinegar, swirl once in a while until the shells disappear. It denatures into the low ph vinegar. Then you have a clear liquid calcium for immediate uptake in the jar, one teaspoon in gallon of water is awesome.

15. Wow that was very helpful and sounds very effective! Thanx for the help! Funny story: I recently tried using vinegar as a PH Down solution and it worked for a couple of hours lol. Mixed up two teaspoons of it to one gallon of water to make the PH 6.5 from 7. The next morning it was back to 7 lol.

16. Doesn't stick around much as you discovered. I use liquid ormi organic micronutrients as a ph down these days. The metals and micro's are a very stable ph down, and you need about 1/16 of the actual recommended dose for a plant, so i use them all the time, and the plants get what they need in small doses and i get ph'ed water...not bad.

17. thats good info skunk i want to use all organic as well what is liquid ormi organic micronutrients and where can you get it?

18. The Dr Earth Micronutrients. Don't know if they carry them near you or not. They can be purchased online. There are probably more company's out there though.

19. Thanks skunk, im gonna look into it.. really great info +rep!!

20. This is one of the older problem affected leaves its still getting more spots and turning yellow dieing off, is this normal? my run off ph is between 6 n 7 hard to be exact because im using color drops..

i started 1/8 of recommended amount 18/18/21 worked my way up to 1/4 today 3rd use in 15 days and i added a tsp of Crosby's Fancy Molasses in with it, raised the pH back up to around 6.5..

its not spreading to the newer growth so i was just wondering if anyone had experience with this problem before?

any input is good +reps for any advice!
    Thanks!!:smoke:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

her tonight before lights ,1 leaf got burned by the light today in this pic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

you can see that leaf on the lower right and 2 more far back left hard to tell but all other growth still looks good so far