HELP! Broken Stem Is Stuck In My bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by beanerbob, Jun 11, 2010.

1. lmao :hello: had me pretty confused for a minute. and good job OP on getting it out

2. Hey, ill grab that water pipe off of you if you are going to throw it out.

3. Oh wow i gotta read things more thoroughly :( :hello:

4. this.

5. i used a flat head screw driver to pry out the downstem from my gear ash cathcer but the glass was as thick as tits. maybe you could smash the bottom of the downstem and buy a reducer dowstem (14mm downstem that spreads to 18mm at the joint.

6. what did u use ?
    that would be helpful, no?

7. So I had the same problem bong fell forward bowl and steam took the hit all thatwas left was the siren stem stuck in the joint started stressing looked and looked but no help the right after reading this thread it dawned on me in don't wanna try to pull cuz itwill never come ?!?! But tg 90m It clicked I wanna push not pull. Naturally my brain started to run through the soluationsi eventually came up ....you wit... this take a metal coat hanger straighten out the hook and bend the tip stick it in the top where your bowk s4if be all theway down then hook the bottom. Hook the hanger around the lip away the bottom And pull (recommend emtying the water first if it has not been done so at the time it broke lol )and be careful you don't break the bong as you pul it should pop right out if you hook the hanger on the bottom lip of the down stem .

Cheers guys hope this helps! 20180523_183456.jpg 20180523_183502.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Same issue. I could barely get anything, including a pair of tweezers, to grip the stem. The lip had been completely broken off, and when I heated the whole rig up and tried to pull with the tweezers, it broke off tiny little pieces of glass. So, that was out. Tried boiling the bong - nope. Tried freezing the bong - nope. Tried WD40 - nope. A coat hanger was too large to fit through the hole at the bottom of the stem once I bent it to create the hook. Next move: paper clip. And, while I certainly had my doubts, it worked like a charm. Used a pair of pliers to grip the opposite end of the paper clip, and boom. Popped right out. Now, I've got my $100 Grace Glace bong back in operation.

9. Same issue. I could barely get anything, including a pair of tweezers, to grip the stem. The lip had been completely broken off, and when I heated the whole rig up and tried to pull with the tweezers, it broke off tiny little pieces of glass. So, that was out. A coat hanger was too large to fit through the hole at the bottom of the stem. Next move: paper clip. And, while I certainly had my doubts, it work. Now, I've got my $100 Grace Glace bong back in operation.