HELP Broken Downstem STUCK

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MasonTheSweet, Feb 10, 2011.

1. unfortunatly my friend broke my downstem and the bottom half is still stuck in the bong and there is no way to grab the downstem and pull it out. Ive tried shaking it upside down and i tapped the bong a few times to try and get it to fall out but no luck. Anyone have any bright ideas?

2. Is the bong just one glass piece? with a twist in the shaft? If so I think your stuck unless you wanna smash it. Acrillic bongs usualy have a removeable base.

3. you could push it through, it could break, if it does rinse it out well

{dont do what i said op)

4. this has happened to me. I tried hundreds of things but something RUBBER is the only thing that will work without heating/cooling the glass too much. try to find something that is tick enough of rubber to fit in the downstem hole and twist it and it should come right out.

5. If you can grip the top by the bowl I would try putting a towel around it, gripping it with a pliers, and twisting enough to loosen it.

6. if you post a picturewe can get a better idea of the situation

7. Reviving dead thread.

Nothing I found in the first page of google helped me get my broken downstem from inside my bongs joint. Not heat, not cleaning it, none of that shit. So, for all those who are lucky enough to see this post, get a sharpie and some fucking crazy glue (any object that will fit snug into your downstem should work) , stick cover the end of the sharpie that doesnt have a cap with the glue. jam that shit into the downstem, try not to push the downstem in tighter. instead push against the glass to stick the glue harder. Once dry. turn everything upside down, twist and pull on that bitch and SHAZAAMM!!

You are highly welcome. I figured id save you all the buzzkill it gave me.

8. Is it a glass piece? Try leaving it in your freezer for awhile then try to pull the downstem out.

9. No freezer ive seen can fit my Cthulhu !!!!!!

could work though.

10. Or.... go buy a hook tool set (or even a single one) and just latch the hook on the broken downstem and pull out.

I suggest this on every one of these threads I reply too, a fellow blade even hit me up with a PM saying it worked effortlessly :)

11. A hook is the best way. Happened to me. If not than its done if you exhausted all other options

12. A hook is a good idea. Alternatively, I cut up an old power cord to a length of about a foot and a half, stuck it down the broken downstem and squirted in a very little bit of Gorilla glue. About two hours later I gave it a bit of a yank and it came right out. Make sure not to get any on your bong like I did, its a pita to get off. Good luck. One of the most frustrating experiences in this hobby.