Help boy or girl?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shwiftydank, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Just as it says is it boy or girl I know the photo sucks

Attached Files:

2. I can't tell because it too blurry. What you can do is look through a scope. Helps make it a lot more obvious in the beginning when they emerge. If you see a white hair coming out of a pointy calyx it's a lady. If it has no hair and it's more ball shaped, it's a boy. You can always grow them out more to be sure. It's not like it will explode with pollen right away. The balls will multiply and that takes a little while so you'll know before anything like that happen.

How's your clones?

3. Look's like its too early to tell.
    Remember, pollen sacs are male, hairs are female.

4. Your picture doesn't show whether it's male or female, but I do see some pretty good nute burn on the tips of your plants. You don't say how old your plant is, but I suspect it's not far enough along to tell yet. If it's a male, you'll see little tiny ball type things putting out on it and they will be just away from the perfect center where the limb meets the stalk of the plant. A female shoots her part out exactly in the center of the limb and stalk. Once you see it once, you'll not have to ask again. A good place for a clear description can be seen by googling "sexing MJ plants." You don't give a picture good enough to tell about the overall health of your plant, but you might back off on the nutrients some. Anything you do to the plant that it doesn't like is a form of stress to it and will set it back. The goal is to keep it healthy throughout it's life so it produces the most it can. If you don't have one, a EC/TDS tester pen will allow you to check how strong or weak your nutrient solution is before you give it. They're not terribly expensive and a worthwhile investment IMO...I bought mine for under $20 and haven't had a burned leaf tip sense. Before, I was burning up every plant I had mixing all those stupid chemicals together. I also switched from bottled nutrients with 10 different things to mix in, to a water soluble powder (Jack's by J.R. Peters) that works better than the bottled stuff, is a LOT easier to deal with than all those bottles and at only a fraction of the cost. It might be something you want to look into if nutrients are an issue for you. I never could figure them all out. Also, pH range is a HUGE issue for indoor soil grows, so if you're not using a reliable instrument to check your pH and then adjusting it accordingly, you're going to get root lockup and your plant will suffer from that too. So make sure what you're using to check pH with is the real deal and is giving you accurate readings. Most people rush out and order those cheap pH testers of Amazon and Ebay, but they aren't worth your time and certainly not worth your money. A decent tester is going to cost you around $60 or more, but is well worth the money spent. Good luck. TWW