Help... bf is being hypocritical ahole about weed

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Mcurtus59, Jun 15, 2018.

1. so here’s the short story, we’ve been dating for 2 years we smoke weed every day after work and I think it’s been great! Well someone got on their high horse and now accuses me of being an atddict every time I ask to pick up or I get sad about being low. “Just wish it wasn’t such a priority” blah blah. We seriously pick up a half o every other week..... that’s nothing in my book. Sure I really enjoy it, and will go out of my way to get it, but at the end of the day I have my shit together. I’m a girl, 25, developer and make 60k+ a year. If I want to smoke I’m going to fucking smoke and he is pissing me off royally. Guys what do you recommend?! I love him but at the end of the day I don’t want to stop smoking weed and think he is being such a hypocrite. His reasoning being basically “it controls our lives”, ya ok that’s why I sit at home all day and smoke. Ugh seriously about to say fuck off and find someone that will be my partner in crime again.. am I just being an addict??

2. Also I’m not your typical girl...very very independent... I see all these threads about bitches getting mad at their guy, and I’m just royally jealous that my’n has become such a bitch. Like Jesus if I wanted to date a petty bitch, id be a lesbian.

3. Dump him & date me i'll smoke weed all day with you & never judge :confused_2:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ha trust me man, I’m about to. This shit is getting old, and there are plenty of guys who enjoy it just as much as me . I just feel guilty, like he’s pretty great in every other way and we’ve been friends for a long time... don’t know where he suddenly got these douchebag thoughts... it’s such a shame

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Perhaps he is trying to say things are becoming too routine?
    You don't have to share with us, but how much variety is taking place on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis?
    Do you ever have date nights? Go random places just for the adventure, etc?

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. We do go out quite a bit actually, like concerts, dinner, etc. although I will admit I can be a homebody and have a game addiction, and can play for hours on end. He cannot, but I’m sure thats part of it, where the rest of the entitlement came.. no clue lol. On the other hand.. I work a lot. And like to code on the side... god I’m starting to think we’re just not compatible.... ughh lol this sucks

• Like Like x 1
  7. the truth of boy and girl

when the boy Whines ...its save-able

but when the girl Whines ...its too late

its the way we/ retain info and serious patience

good luck

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. *If* both of you really want the relationship to work, I'm sure you can find a middle ground. What exactly was his reason for stopping? If smoking has been part of daily life for you guys for years, it is a bit pretentious for one person to suddenly stop and then criticize the other person for continuing. However, I think you really need to get to the bottom of what his motivation is for quitting, AND why he'd like you to stop/slow down as well. Maybe there is some positive underlying reason (like others mentioned about going out and doing different things). Dunno. I don't see why it'd be a problem for him to quit and you to continue though, as long as it doesn't affect the relationship.

9. Here is how I look at it. My wife used to smoke with me, but over the years she did less and less Until she just stopped. She has never asked me to stop, knowing it’s part of my life, and she actually prefers me high (good thing I usually am). He shouldn’t take away your enjoyment because he gave it up. You guys need to talk it out or move on

10. It sounds to me like he's slacking a bit and instead of getting his act together he's blaming the weed and trying to bring you down to his level. You described yourself as a 25yo developer making 60K a year and someth tells me he's not doing that well with his life.

11. I’d let em go who wants to hear all that bullshit after gettin off work? We all take crap from ppl all day home is suppose to be our safe haven but, just know in his mind it’ll b over the “weed addiction” that ya got goin.