HELP ASAP info on auto seed production

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by georgeherman, Mar 6, 2013.

1. I want to make a seed crop of a number of autos...anyone have any experience in this department. I have auto fems of which I want to grow two plants each of. Going to turn one hermi and pollinate a second. Should I start the one to turn hermi before the second plant (to allow pollen production)? What is the best method colloidal silver or gibberalic acid? Will the second produce viable seeds in the normal amount of time it would take the plant to finish (60-65 days)? thanks

2. I dont think you can necessarily purchase gibberalic acid and for the silver id suggest the highest concentration you can find and dilute down to what you need. You begin spraying pretty much asap and keep spraying up until 2 weeks before its done. You dont smoke anything you spray, period. You can make it into hash though.

Google the ppm you need

3. what about starting the plants off at different times... is that necessary because they are autos??

4. your far better off buying normal seeds and using a male to pollinate. because feminised plants already have a predisposition to hermi up on you. if you stress them to hermi up the seeds made will be even more likely to be hermaphrodites, you will end up struggling to make any seed free bud ever

5. If you want seeds for seeds sake then why screw with it, just make em have old fashioned sex.

if your attempting to "clone" and autoflower for free fem seeds then you need to use the silver spray.

as for the staggered grow thats up to you.. you want one done a month of 4 done every 4 months.

6. The staggered grow refers to having to start the pollinating plant prior to the recipient plant (not solely selfing the plant I turn hermi). In order to make pollen at the proper time to "impregnate" the female due to the short life and uncontrolled flowering time of an auto, do I have to start the males for a certain time period first. Or can I simply start both off, apply the colloidal silver, and expect the hermi plant to pollinate the other female and produce viable seeds in time?

7. im fully aware of the ease of using a regular male to pollinate but...
    1) males of the same strain are not readily available because companies often only supply feminized seeds
    2) Im trying very tightly for time to produce seeds for an outdoor crop by the 1st week of June...thus the ASAP help!!

8. you can start them at the same time, males will still be giving off pollen when the females are ripe. but if your hermaphroditing them then it doesn't matter anyway because you can do that anytime.

your plan does have a flaw I feel I need to point out. they are feminised seeds, if you hermi them to make feminised seeds, then the new plants will likely be spouting out male flowers all over the place without prior stressing. your outdoor crop will be all seed

9. making seeds take a couple of weeks longer. make sure the seeds rattle in their cases and easily fall out before you chop the plant down

what breed are you planning to get?
    if some companies only supply feminised seeds then use a different company

10. im relatively sure that the seeds produced from this method will not show hermi traits as the parents would have been selected to not show these tendencies. You are basically selfing the plant (and crossing it with one of identical genetic composition which is how the fem seeds were produced in the first place). The hermi trait is induced chemically and therefore not really a part of the genetic makeup. This is basically how seed companies produce fem seeds. Do you have any experience to the contrary....I could be wrong but all my research indicates im on the right track. Id love to know why you came to that conclusion just to make sure that im not incorrect which would be really really bad lol.

11. Takes 21 days of spraying cs to start getting male buds on the female. Then 2weeks or so for male flowers to ripen and drop good pollen so what I do is start the recipient plant at the end of my spraying cycle.

12. thanks a million!!! when applying the cs is it best to start as soon as sex appears in an auto?

13. I dont know where you did your research but it's common knowledge that if you hermi up a hermi your generations will more and more likely spit out male flowers.

all feminised plants have a pre disposition to blow out the odd male flower with any mild stress, if you use seeds from this you magnify the likelihood of getting hermaphrodites in each generation

14. what you going to do when your feminised plants start looking like this?

[​IMG]

15. #19 }-MaDCoW-{, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    It turns them much easier the earlier you start spraying. That being said I usually wait until they've got at least 4 nodes before I start spraying so that there are more bud sites, therefore more pollen.

I've also found with autos it's better to spray them twice a day instead of one due to the speed of growth.

There's no proof of this, only hearsay. If hermi traits are present in your strain, then they're present in your strain. Period. Georgeherman is correct in that spraying cs does not physically stress the plant just chemically blocks the female hormones to the bud sites therefore creating male flowers with no male chromosomes.

I believe that this is not a proper way to breed strains but it is just fine for making seeds of a strain that you want to keep.

16. proof and hearsay are quite overlapping in this case. how could I ever possibly prove it to you?, I can't show you an experiment, merely just say it to you, and if you believe my findings to simply be "what I have heard " then that to you is hearsay

end of the day, people can believe me or not, I don't really care, all I will say, is you have been warned, I have given you the information, it's up to you what you do with it