Help and advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rh420__, Mar 3, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    (First indoor grow) Hello everyone, I'm currently growing King's Kush from seed, she's under three 23w daylight cfls 5000k, with organic mg and some local soil. I have fox farms big bloom nutrients, should I start feeding? Anybody know why there's some yellowing/ bright green around the tip of leaves ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What pH water?

3. It depends on the nutrient concentration of the soil but I would guess it won't need added nutrients at this point, it looks like a pretty big pot. To me it looks like you may not be allowing the soil to dry up enough between waterings. The next time you mix up soil add more perlite. About 1 part perlite for 2 soil. This will help it drain better. Marijuana roots need a lot of air

4. I don't have a pH reader, but I use sink water, left in a gallon bottle for 48 hrs

5. It's a 3 gallon pot I believe, thought it'd be beneficial to let the roots expand at a young age... I water her a cup every other day. Would it be too late to add perlite?

6. even if you do not have a read, you should get some ph test strips for like $5. your ph should be 5.8 ~ 6.0. I would not use any nutrients. Did you treat the soil with myco? I would not use anything other than something like rhizotonic or some other stuff with beneficials for your root system. No nutrients until that plant develops a little more in my humble opinion. The soil should have enough nutrients to get the roots going.

7. Pulling it out of the soil will damage roots, but it is an option. Not one that I would take lightly and at this point would be a bit drastic.

Watering it every other day is going to cause you problems. I'm sure that plant could easily go a week without adding water. Allow it to dry so the roots can grow down through the soil. They can't grow without oxygen and soggy soil drives out air. As the soil dries, the water leaves and air is drawn in to replace it. So it's very important not to water too often

• Like Like x 1