Help! Am I on the right track?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clq35, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Hi all,
    Hi, I just got my ebb and flow set up today but i'm also a little confused. I have 16 small plastic pots with holes in the bottoms. I think what I have to do is germ with the papertowel method, then when I get a tap root started, plop that in cube, and put the cube in the white pot along with the coco fiber. Then If I am right, I start my light (HPS 600) on 18/6 and flood the tray once a day. I am unclear on the nutes too. I think I have to add the base at like 3.5 ml per gallon and the grow at like 4 ml per gallon. I was so afraid of even setting this thing up that its been sitting in the room untouched for like 5 months! Ok, I'm ready! So can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track here?

Thanks alot!

2. Lots of people germinate their seeds in paper towels, for no good reason. I germinate mine directly in soil. If the seed is warm and moist it will germinate, and MJ was germinating long before paper towels were invented.

3. True, true! I think am going to put my seeds directlyl in the cubes. Would you suggest putting the cubes in the pots with the coco? When do I start the flood and drain? When do I start the 600 lights?

4. A lot of hydro growers stay over in the "advanced" forum, so if you don't get an answer here in a few days you may want to post in there. Sorry I can't offer more.

5. Thanks Toasty.... I just did that so I'll see... I went ahead and put my beans in the cubes, and set them in the pots of coco fiber... I have the tray set to water for 15 minutes at 1:00 pm so we'll see what happens...

6. make sure you keep em warm tho... that is key

7. I messed up! My baby beans are not warm! I have to start new. :-( well on two days wasted this time! LOL Think I'll wait till after New Year's Eve to start the new ones. I have to figure out how I'm gonna keep them warm.

8. i hope you didnt throw them away.. some seeds take over 2 days to break..

9. Not too warm, though, you can easily cook seeds by accident.

Put them on a stoneware plate and put that on top of a computer monitor for warmth. You can use a heating pad set on low, but you may need to put a washcloth between the plate and the heating pad to make sure the seeds don't get too hot.

Slightly warm, just to speed up the natural germination.