Help/Advice/Recommendations

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AK Kryptomaniac, Jan 6, 2013.

1. So, I have 3 auto Biodeisel mass seeds and I'm going to grow them one at a time under a 200w Dual sectrum cfl. I just need help with the soil, and nutrients. Any recommendations? I was thinking Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Bio bizz, which I heard both are pretty good. I'm going to be using a 3.95 gallon bucket, with some drilled holes in the bottom. I also have a General Hydroponic system, should I use that instead of soil? My current nutrients are the flora series (gro, micro, and bloom) but I feel like I could reach their full potential with something like, tiger bloom or something. Idk. I just want to be guided through my next grow. I'll start a seperate thread once I get it going. ALL comments welcome:)

2. FFOF is great stuff

All fox nutes are good over priced though IMO

Stay soil sounds like you might need the forgiveness of soil over hydroponic

You can pick what ever base nutes you want I use general hydro nova grow and bloom good stuff it's called A and B now though it has micro in both so one less bottle to buy

Look into cool bloom and floralicious all made by GH good bulkers IMO pick one company and try to stay with it they have the ph correct to work together

Hope this helps bro

Sent from iPhone 5

3. Thanks, I'll try to find some Fox Farm in town... There's only like, one or two garden stores where I live. I'll look into the GH nutrients online.

4. Yeah that's what sucks if your state is gay then you have to ask for like tomato bloom food lol I use the FFOF with the GH line

Sent from iPhone 5

5. #5 Doc-J, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    I am using the general organics set with happy frog soil this grow and have been very pleased. Most hydro stores stock the go box to get you started.

6. Yep good set too

I was thinking of switching to happy frog just to try I'm not going organic though I like mine on the juice lol other than taste is there really any benefit to organic growing

Sent from iPhone 5

7. #7 Doc-J, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    [quote name='"Freeborn"']Yep good set too

I was thinking of switching to happy frog just to try I'm not going organic though I like mine on the juice lol other than taste is there really any benefit to organic growing

Sent from iPhone 5[/quote]

I don't know if you would consider it a benefit but I havent had to check or adjust Ph at all but I am only four weeks in so far. The plants look great and have responded well to the little nutrients they have received.

I'm not one of the organic only guys. I will use whatever works best and causes less hassle. I used the Lucas formula last grow, and it went well but I wanted to grow without worrying about Ph.

I like the happy frog better than ocean forest. Is still has plenty of nutrients for early growth but isn't quite as hot.

8. Keep your unused seeds in the frig if you can.I had some Pineapple express seeds sit for around 8-12 months,and they wouldnt pop for me when I tried them.

9. That's cool no ph and you get to say "it's organic" lol

I though the ocean forest was hot I'm switching lol that's it

Sent from iPhone 5

10. Good advice right here!

I dont know how many people i see keep seed not refrigerated. I keep mine in the breeder packs, in a tin, in the fridge. Hell it even tells you to on the breeder packs haha.

As for soil, yes go FFoF, i use it and love it. Beware though, some of their bags arent composted long enough and can burn seedlings or clones. So dont nute for a while.

11. When using a soil that is organic and adding chemical nutrients to it the ph is going to have to be adjusted or tested.

12. I knew it I got one last bag I opened burnt my clones when I transplanted those mother fuckers lol I agree 100% FFOF is good stuff

My water ph is high like 8 and when I add nutes goes down to 6 I barely have to add down to it

Sent from iPhone 5

13. When using a soil that is organic and adding chemical nutrients to it

Why add chemical nutrients to an organic soil? It totally defeats the purpose of the organic soil. Why not use an inorganic medium with chemical fertizers?

J

14. They make organic nutes I know it doesn't make sense

Sent from iPhone 5

15. My current baby in Scrog. It has at least 10 cola tops. It's small but I think it's doing well. 2 weeks into flower

image-2391719316.png

image-2637641740.png

image-3619694349.png

16. Coming right along my friend

Sent from iPhone 5

17. Any prediction on how much I might get? I'm thinking 14 grams dry